Analyst Case Questions
- I give you a lemonade stand and $500; the only catch it’s placed on a country road in upstate NY that only 10 cars pass per day. First I tell you that the goal is to get as many people to order lemonade as possible in one week, how to you do it? How many orders do you think you could generate? Next, I tell you the goal is to maximize profits for one week, what’s your new strategy? How much profit do you think you could make?
- Now you are in a band of pirates, ranked from 5 to 1 in descending order. You are the top member and have the right to propose how 100 gold coins should be divided amongst the group. But the others get to vote on his plan, and if fewer than half agree with you, they kick you out of the gang and you get nothing. How should you allocate the gold in order to maximize your share?
- You’re bidding in a second price advertising auction for impressions where you pay .01 higher than the next highest bidder. For example, if someone was bidding $4 and you bid $6, you would pay $4.01 and win the auction. In this scenario, your competitors have placed the following bids: $1.00, $1.15, $1.50, $2.00, $6.00. What would your bid be?
- How would you sell Santa costumes in July?
- What was your best McGuyver moment?
Question By subjects