BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships Task 2 Written Report
BSBLDR413 - Lead effective workplace relationships
Task 2 – Written Report
This assessment is to be completed using the Bounce Fitness simulated work environment. This assessment task requires the student to review Bounce Fitness’s human resources policies.
· Access to textbooks/other learning materials
· Access to Bounce Fitness site via Canvas
· Computer with Microsoft Office and internet access
· You will need to have knowledge of and refer to Bounce Fitness human resources policies and relevant legislation to answer the questions.
· Your assessor will advise you of the due date of this assessment via Canvas.
· This completed workbook.
For your performance to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task, you must satisfactorily address all the assessment criteria. If part of this task is not satisfactorily completed, you will be asked to complete further assessment to demonstrate competence
You will be provided feedback on your performance by the Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date.
You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the assessment.
Task 2 – Written Report
You are the assistant center manager at Bounce Fitness. You have been asked to undertake some work on team cohesion. Some staff issues you are experiencing are:
- difficulties performing their day-to-day duties.
- Serious medical conditions displaying minor symptoms giving staff the idea the staff member is slacking off
- Religious beliefs interfering with team harmony
- Negative gossip about team members
- Lack of commitment to arriving at and leaving work on time
- Attitudes to others
Create a report on team cohesion. In your report, you need to make sure you have covered the following areas:
- the objectives of your Bounce Fitness team in line with the organization’s strategy
- What data you collected and analyzed to facilitate the achievement of work tasks for your team
- a list of the internal and external stakeholders and some relevant networks who you consulted or could consult
- legal obligations, the organization’s social, ethical, and business standards as well as any cultural and social diversity requirements/considerations
- steps that you used to guide and support colleagues to resolve work problems, difficulties, and conflicts
- the plan moving forward to manage conflict to avoid a repeat of the problem including a communications plan
At the end of your report, evaluate your personal performance and identify a minimum of two (2) areas where you could improve in leading workplace relationships in the future.
Use Appendix A to complete your report. Your report should be a minimum of 1,000 words.
Appendix A: Bounce Fitness Team Cohesion Report
Team Objectives and Bounce Fitness’ Strategy
<List and evaluate data you can collect and analyze to facilitate the achievement of work tasks for your team>
Networks, internal and external stakeholders
<Who are they, how can you create buy-in>
Legal obligations, the organization’s social, ethical, and business standards as well as any cultural and social diversity requirements/considerations
Impact on the organization’s Human Resources policies and procedures
Racial Discrimination Act 1975
Sexual Discrimination Act 1984
Disability Discrimination Act 1992
Affirmative Action (Equal Employment Opportunity for Women) Act 1986
Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986
Privacy Act 1988
Add rows for social, ethical, and business standards, cultural and social diversity
<techniques and steps to resolve>
<address a minimum of four (4) different staff issues that you are experiencing and how you can resolve using steps you have outlined>
Managing future conflict
<Plan to manage future conflict >
A consultation plan is an important part of managing future conflict because xxx
A communication plan is an important part of managing future conflict because xxx
Work Task Strategy
<How will you communicate and consult and share ideas with with your team to develop work task strategies?>
Personal Performance and Development
<Evaluate your performance. Include a minimum of two (2) areas for improvement>
<How and from whom would you seek feedback for your personal growth?>