- Predominate energy system in touch. - Body and movement concepts - specialised movement sequences
In this unit, you have engaged in integrated learning experiences about energy, fitness, training and the application of body and movement concepts in authentic touch football environments. To optimise your personal performance in touch football, you have explored energy systems, components of fitness, principles of training, training methods and training phases.
Devise one personal competition-phase training strategy for a three-session microcycle. The strategy should optimise performance of one movement strategy from one principle of play, in either the middle, link or wing position. Evaluate the effectiveness of the devised training strategy and your personal performance in the selected position.
In the folio, students will focus on the specialised movement sequences for one movement strategy to devise a personal training strategy. The folio will include the following assessable evidence:
- Recognition and explanation of
- energy, fitness and training concepts and principles, including energy systems, fitness components, training methods and principles of training
- body and movement concepts about the specialised movement sequences and movement strategies.
- Analysis of primary and secondary data to ascertain the most significant relationships between the
- demands of the specialised movement sequences for one movement strategy
- energy systems and fitness components relevant to the specialised movement sequences for one movement strategy
- personal performance of the demonstrated specialised movement sequences and one movement strategy.
- Synthesis of the most significant relationships to devise a three-session microcycle training strategy in the competition phase to optimise personal performance of the specialised movement sequences for one movement strategy.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the
- personal training strategy using selected principles of training to appraise the outcome, implications and limitations
- personal performance of the specialised movement sequences and two movement strategies by applying two body and movement concepts: quality of movement and one other, to appraise the outcomes, implications and limitations.
- Justification of the development, modification and maintenance of the
- personal training strategy for one movement strategy to optimise performance, using evidence from primary and secondary data
- personal performance of the specialised movement sequences and two movement strategies to optimise performance using evidence from primary data and/or secondary data.
- Making decisions about and using language, conventions and mode-appropriate features to communicate information about the strategies to a technical audience.
Supporting visual evidence will illustrate:
- demonstration of specialised movement sequences and two movement strategies (from two different principles of play)
- application of quality of movement and one other body and movement concept to the performance of specialised movement sequences and two movement strategies.