For this assessment, you will write a report in which you discuss the selection of an ERP and vendor for your organisation Supreme Dry Cleaners (SDC). You should:
- Understand the business requirements and challenges.
- Explore the marketplace for potential ERPs.
- Identify as many potential ERPs and vendors (at least 5) as possible.
- Narrow your list of potential ERPs down to three including SAGE and Odoo.
- Evaluate ERP systems and select one, and
- Provide rationale for your choice.
Your report should include information about the following (For each ERP):
- Vendors' financial position, philosophy, support issues, hardware & software infrastructure, direction and currency of software, release strategies and the involvement of users in upgrades and resource development resources.
- ERP modules.
- ERP architecture and its implications, e.g., for scalability. You should also provide a diagram of the ERP architecture and an insightful analysis of implications of ERP architectures in the context of the organisation.
- Perform a fit/gap analysis by matching the given organisation's requirements to features or modules of the ERP. Discuss the implications of the differences between the ERP's business processes and the To-Be business processes you identified in your previous assessment. Identify any missing functionality in the context of your organisation.
- Identify ERP evaluation criteria for your organisation (Your evaluation criteria should include both functional and technical evaluation), and then evaluate the ERPs using your criteria.
- Select an ERP and provide justification.