Melbourne Polytechnic BIT 352 Systems Implementation SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION PLAN COAST TO COUNTRY PARKS CLUB (CCP)
system Implementation Plan for Coast to Country Parks (CCP)
This implementation plan focuses on describing the technical requirements to deliver the IT solution proposed to the Coast to Country Parks (CCP). This plan highlights the deliverables, the requirements, evaluation and integration of the proposed solution. The document will highlight the technical specifications and the hardware and software required to fulfil the requirements of the solution.
2 System Description
2.1 Outline of system components and deliverables
The deliverables of this system solution are to provide an integrated IT Service Desk to the client. The focus is to provide solutions to three main things:
- Extensive upgrade to all Wi-Fi systems throughout the head office and caravan parks.
- An audit of the head office network indicated significant risks which could lead to breaches. Penetration testing has been undertaken. A project is to be undertaken to implement changes at head office and hotels.
- The installation of IT systems to support packaged tours and seminars in specific caravan. This will include data projection and internet access.
In order to help deliver these IT Network requirements, the following implantation steps, hardware and software tools will be required:
- Wi-Fi Upgrade
Wi-Fi is used to provide the business and customers with internet connectivity, it uses the devices’ IP addresses to connect the users to the internet.
- Scattering Wi-Fi nodes around the site for coverage. The subsequent diagram (Figure 1) describes the physical implementation of each node.
- Access Points
- Direct to VAN board network via 5ghz Wi-Fi backhaul
- Wi-Fi Routers to boost speed
- Satellite link for extremely remote sites
- Securing the network from risks
The whole network system in use in CPC is prone to risks and malware which needs to be overcome. Given that the business operates completely on the network to allow users to interact with the services provided by the business, and the business itself exchanges data on this network, security needs to be tight and impregnable.
- Setting up firewalls and intrusion detection
- Securing Wi-Fi login through encryption and robust login credentials
- Conduct a routine network assessment to identify possible weaknesses
- Enforce user authentication with strong passwords
- Manage privileges to the network
- Installing anti-malware and anti-virus solutions
- Educating user/ employee of suspicious malware
- IT system support for packaged tours and seminars
This is a feature that the business wants to integrate into the services it provides, to provide users with seminars and tours through projection of data in a specific caravan.
- Setting up data projection equipment like Multimedia projectors, screen, laptop, HDMI cables
- Access of Wi-Fi to the data projection system
- Remote access to main server with multi-media files to be shown in seminar
Figure 1 The Physical Positioning of the Wi-Fi setup
2.2 Pre-implementation requirements
The pre-implementation requirements/ assumptions for the proposed solution are:
- Assessing the number of users connected to the Wi-Fi systems in the park
- Calculating the required area to be covered with the Wi-Fi
- Evaluating the ease of placement of Wi-Fi devices to ensure maximum coverage and signal strength
- Looking at the site and see where it’s physically possible to mount the AP nodes.
- The network needs to be cleared of the current detected malware to ensure that the newer setup does not get affected
- The current network allows remote access of the authorized user
- Caravans have electric points to support IT equipment like laptop chargers, projectors etc.
2.3 Site-specific requirements
- Hardware Requirements
- LAN hardware to allow network operation and sharing of data
- A hotspot gateway/router
- Hard-wired or Radio integrated AP nodes
- HDMI cables
- Multi-media projector
- Software Requirements
- Software to integrate routers with network
- Hardware drivers to connect external hardware
- Anti-malware software and anti-viruses
- Data Requirements
- Number of systems to be connected with the network and Wi-Fi
- Number of users connected to the network individually
- The type of data that is shared on the network to assess the requirement of security
- The number of locations that need to be equipped with the projection systems
- The encryption level required over the IP addresses
- Facilities Requirements
- An easy access to the park locations with transportation of hardware made possible without hassle
- Electric points or extensions to allow operation of equipment to install the hardware in physical/ remote locations
- Enough space in caravan to support mounting of projector and placement of screen
3 MANAGEMENT of system implementation
The management of the implementation of the system is a crucial step given that once all requirements and pre-requisites have been set, the actual implementation needs to be made as smooth as possible to facilitate the business and the solution provider. The following section outlines the management of the implementation of the proposed solution.
3.1 Description of Implementation
In order to achieve the proposed solution to the IT network issues, the following steps will be taken for the deployment, installation and implementation of the hardware and software required. Following is a brief summary of the detailed plan:
- Installation of the main router/ Wi-Fi device
- Installation of Access Points (APs) in and around park and head office
- Installation of LAN requirements to allow access of APs and Wi-Fi over the network
- Connecting the APs with the routers placed around the park to extend range and quality
- Installing device drivers on the network to facilitate the APs
- Network Security
- Background checks on devices connected to network
- Installation of firewalls
- Installation of testing protocols to keep check and balance
- Preparation of employees to assess possible malware in forms of emails, spams etc.
- Package tours and seminars
- Setting up of physical hardware in caravan
- Providing Wi-Fi connectivity through one of the AP nodes
- Accessing online media present on the network to present seminars and tours
3.2 Major Tasks
- In order to complete an over all upgrade to the Wi-Fi services in the park, the whole system needs to be upgraded to better hardware and software.
- Making use of Access Points (APs) to ensure that users are provided with a long ranging internet connection that can be accessed from all the park through the nodes easily set up using radio integration as compared to hardwired APs.
- In order to go through with this installation of APs and routers, the viable points need to be defined where supportive infrastructure like a secure location is available, given that this equipment isn’t cheap and needs to given a certain amount of protection.
- A team with the expertise to handle the AP devices proposed will be required in order to install the nodes physically, while IT personnel with the expertise to work with Networking protocols, VoIPs, data connection, installation of drivers need to be used for the software implementation parts.
- Implementation of wireless outdoor bridging devices like the Solwise ENStation5
- Usage of a good outdoor unit for APs which is 2.4GHz AND 5GHz then something like the Solwise ENS620EXT
- Related driver software needs to be installed to integrate the hardware into the existing network topology.
- Configuring and testing the hardware after installation.
- Configuring and testing the LAN network and the Wi-Fi connectivity
- Ensuring that all manuals applicable to the implementation effort are available when needed and personnel required to deal with any special circumstances related to the hardware should be present at all times
- Performing site inspections before implementation to ensure the placement of the APs
- Ensuring that all prerequisites have been fulfilled before the implementation date
- Checking the security features of the system to ensure data is encrypted and protected
- Training personnel and staff to use hardware and ensure that it is protected
- Making sure encrypted data is being sent and received from the network and all users on the network have passwords and credentials to access network
- Working laptop, projectors and other hardware which is necessary for the seminar are ready to be installed
- Placing routers and APs near the caravan intended for the seminars to make sure strong connectivity of internet
- Applying security protocols, fire walls, and anti-malware software at every vulnerable access point to the system, be it laptops or printers
- Make sure that when a customer device logs into the network WIFI, it is checked against any external threats or existing malwares
- All hardware is carefully handled by relevant personnel and installed at designated points
- An over all check is done to make sure that the implementation has covered all proposed aspects and no requirement is left
3.3 Startup & Cutover
Since the network is being upgraded and not replaced there are no major OS changes. However, since the Wi-Fi topology is being complete upgraded to a newer system and design, newer hardware and supporting software will be required to complete the development. Current system will not be brought down immediately but will be replaced by the newer topology in phases.
3.4 Training & Documentation
The training and documentation will be the responsibility of the Network/system administrator who is in charge of handling the system as a whole. He or she will decide on the implementation schedule given that they understand how the processes can me alternated and substituted while keeping the work operational.
3.5 Implementation Schedule
Given that securing the network is the most important task, risk mitigating activities need to be performed foremost. The network needs to be cleared of existing threat and malware detecting software and employee training to detect certain malware should be done immediately.
After this the Wi-Fi is the second most important entity which needs to be boosted in speed and coverage. Thus, the partial movement from the older system to the new system will be initiated first.
Then in the last the focus will be on the seminars and tours given that this is a simpler strategy and moreover, requires a safe network and a strong internet connection to operate effectively.
4 IMPLEMENTATION staff & SUPPORT
In order to go through with the implementation, the following personnel will be required:
- Network Administrator to monitor and modify the LAN and Wi-Fi systems
- IT Hardware engineers to lay out the APs and other technical systems
- IT Analysts to analyze the required data speeds and implement protocols to boost it
- IT Support to help deal with any customer complaints regarding the system
- IT Security expert to handle the security protocols applied to the network
5 Performance Monitoring
Performance monitoring can be done in the following ways:
- Taking speed tests for the Wi-Fi
- Taking penetration tests for the network system
- Checking firewall upgrades and notifications on possible malware
- Smooth running of the multimedia setup
- Smooth running of the APs and routers set up with no delay in connectivity
6 Back-Off Plan
Given that something goes wrong during the implementation process, the backup of the current system will be taken and any changes made to it will be done in parts. Thus, if at any point the implementation seems to face any difficulty, the older system can always be restored through the backup of protocols and processes.
7 Post-Implementation Plan and Verification
In order to make sure that everything is running smoothly, penetration tests will be done on the network, guest feedback will be taken to ensure a speedy, reliable Wi-Fi connection, set up of the data projection system will be tested using a trial run.
This problem has been solved.
Cite This work.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below.
Urgent Homework (2023) . Retrive from https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bit-352-systems-implementation-homework
"." Urgent Homework ,2023, https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bit-352-systems-implementation-homework
Urgent Homework (2023) . Available from: https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bit-352-systems-implementation-homework
Urgent Homework . ''(Urgent Homework ,2023) https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bit-352-systems-implementation-homework accessed 29/01/2023.
Buy BIT 352 Systems Implementation Assignment Answers Online
Talk to our expert to get the help with BIT 352 Systems Implementation Assignment to complete your assessment on time and boost your grades now
The main aim/motive of the management assignment help services is to get connect with a greater number of students, and effectively help, and support them in getting completing their assignments the students also get find this a wonderful opportunity where they could effectively learn more about their topics, as the experts also have the best team members with them in which all the members effectively support each other to get complete their diploma assignments. They complete the assessments of the students in an appropriate manner and deliver them back to the students before the due date of the assignment so that the students could timely submit this, and can score higher marks.Â The experts of the assignment help services at urgenthomework.com are so much skilled, capable, talented, and experienced in their field of programming homework help writing assignments, so, for this, they can effectively write the best economics assignment help services.