Write your answer in the space provided or on a separate sheet of paper.
1) list and explain the four basic functions of management.
2) discuss the importance of innovation to the manager's job. Give an example of a nontechnological innovation and the role manager's play in innovation.
3) define entrepreneurship and discuss the three important themes that stick out in this definition of entrepreneurship.
4) list and discuss the four most significant ways in which culture is transmi????ed to employees. Include specific examples of each to support your answer.
5) identify seven external stakeholders with whom managers may have to deal.
6) Explain how the global economy creates both opportunities and threats for managers.
7) Define parochialism and explain its strength/weaknesses in a global economy.
8) Contrast multinational, multidomestic, global and transnational organisations.
9) lExplain how the global legal–political and economic environments affect managers.
10) Is globalisation good for business? For consumers? Discuss.
11) Describe three major regional trading alliances.
12) Define global sourcing, exporting, importing, licensing and franchising.
Describe the eight steps in the decision-making process.
13). Contrast programmed and non-programmed decisions.
14). Explain how managers can make effective decisions in today’s world.
15). Is there a difference between wrong decisions and bad decisions? Why do good managers sometimes make wrong decisions? Bad decisions? How can managers improve their decision-making skills?
16) define goals and discuss the differences and conflicts that exist between real and stated goals.
17) describe the various criteria on which organisations' plans can differ. Next, provide a brief analysis of each criterion as it applies to organisational planning.
18) list and discuss six characteristics of well-designed goals.
19) list and discuss the five steps in the goal-setting process.
20) define project management and discuss the project management process.
21) list and discuss three strategies where organisations might use e-business to gain a competitive advantage give examples of each. primarily insurance and transportation companies.
22) list and discuss the three competitive strategies, according to Porter. Include specific examples of companies that pursue each of the three competitive strategies.
23) discuss the concept of competitive advantage. Include specific examples of companies and their respective competitive advantages to support your answer.
24) list and discuss the five competitive forces, according to Porter, that determine industry attractiveness and profitability.
25) discuss the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) matrix and explain its usefulness in segmenting businesses. Include a discussion of the characteristics for each of the four categories based on the BCG matrix.
26) list and explain three corporate level strategies explaining under what circumstances they might be used.
27) list and discuss four ways in which company growth can be achieved by using the corporate level growth strategy. Include specific examples of each growth method to support your answer.
28) list and discuss the six steps in the strategic management process.
29) describe what organisational behaviour is and what its goals are.
30) define six important employee behaviours that managers want to explain, predict and influence.
31) define attitudes. Next, list and discuss the three components of attitudes. Include an example of a statement that describes each component to support your answer.
32) define cognitive dissonance and discuss the three factors that affect how people cope with cognitive dissonance.
33) describe the attribution theory and discuss the three factors that determine externally caused behaviour based on the attribution theory.
34) define perception. Next, list and discuss the factors that shape and sometimes distort perception.
35) describe attribution theory, and the main factors which determine an attribution.
36) list and discuss four advantages and four disadvantages that group decisions have over individual decisions.
37)list and discuss the three types of conflict that have been found to differentiate functional from dysfunctional conflict.
38) list and discuss five characteristics that are associated with effective teams.
39) discuss the management of global teams as it relates to group structure.
40) explain the special attributes of the generation Y (Gen Y) workforce and why managers may need to provide particular attention to these attributes.
41) explain the concept of motivation. Then identify and describe the three key aspects of motivation.
42) list and discuss the three-needs theory according to David McClelland. Next, identify which of these needs has been studied most extensively and discuss the findings of this research.
43) discuss job design and describe how a manager could utilise job scope, job enlargement, job enrichment and job depth to design motivating jobs.
44) list and discuss the five core dimensions that can describe any job according to the job characteristics model.
45)discuss the equity theory and list five probable behaviour responses that may occur when employees perceive an inequity.
46) discuss Victor Vroom's expectancy theory and list and describe the three variables or relationships that support this theory
47)list and discuss four types of flexible working schedules that have been implemented by organisations as a response to the varied needs of a diverse workforce.
48) discuss the unique problems faced in trying to motivate professional employees, contingent workers and low-skilled, minimum-wage employees. Include a discussion of various methods that can be implemented to motivate these types of employees.
49)list and discuss six specific recommendations that should be followed when motivating employees
50) list and discuss the seven traits associated with leadership.
51) explain Fiedler's contingency model for leadership. Next discuss the least-preferred co-worker (LPC) questionnaire and the three key situational factors for determining leader effectiveness.
52) discuss the Situational Leadership® theory as developed by Paul Hersey and Ken Blanchard.
Next, list and discuss the four specific leadership styles and the four stages of follower readiness as defined by Hersey and Blanchard.
53)discuss the path-goal leadership theory developed by Robert House. Next, list and explain the four leadership behaviours based on the path-goal leadership theory.
54) discuss how visionary leadership differs from charismatic leadership. Include a discussion of the five characteristics of charismatic leaders and three qualities that are related to effectiveness in the visionary leader's role.
55) list and discuss the four specific team leadership roles that focus on the priorities of the leader's job.
56) list and discuss five sources of leader power identified by French and Raven. Include specific examples of each source of power to support your answer.
57) list and discuss six suggestions of how leaders can seek to build trust.
58) define trust and list and discuss the five dimensions that make up the concept of trust.
59) describe the results of the studies that focus on gender and leadership style.