The purpose of this assessment is to develop a presentation that provides policy and procedural updates and discusses implementation requirements with staff.
Using the Sydney Opera House Environmental Sustainability Policy Statement, Opera House Environmental Sustainability Plan 2017-19 and from information gathered from other sources, develop a 10–15 minute presentation to all employees of the Sydney Opera House outlining the updates that have been made to its Environmental Sustainability Policy. As part of this presentation, you must describe how the revised processes will be implemented and managed.
Step 1Download both Sydney Opera House Environmental Sustainability Policy Statement and Opera House Environmental Sustainability Plan 2017-19
Step 2Visit the following link that discusses sustainable work practices at the Sydney Opera house.
Step 3Create a presentation using the following guidelines. You may need more than one slide to outline all details for each topic.
Slide 1: Title slide – name of presentation topic and presenter
Side 2: Identifies and describes how the Sydney Opera House is marketing the expected outcomes of the sustainability policy to the key stakeholders of the policy and plan.
Slide 3: Describes the environmental sustainability commitments being implemented and suggested timelines. (Include on 4 of the focus areas)
Slide 4: Describes those involved in complying with the policy, the outcomes expected, the activities to be undertaken and responsibilities assigned
Slide 5: Details procedures to communicate the policy to all internal stakeholders.
Slide 6: Explains how the new sustainability initiatives will be embedded in all new or revised policy documents e.g. Purchasing policy.
Slide 7: Describes the energy management initiatives already in place and one’s planned by the Sydney Opera House.
Slide 8: Outlines the sustainability or environmental targets for resource usage within the organisation
Slide 9: Identifies potential shortfalls of the plan.
Slide 10: Explains who is responsible for continuous improvements to the plan and how will this be accomplished (e.g. What documents will be used? What business activities?)
Slide 11: Identifies how you would monitor and review the implementation of the sustainability plan.
Slide 12: Conclusion/Question & Answer
1.How the Sydney Opera House is marketing the expected outcomes of the sustainability policy
- Sydney opera house has currently received green certification.
- The result of the sustainability strategy led to the expansion of the green club as it supported the company to develop environmental awareness (Watson, 2016).
- There are certain significant benefits that are coming out to the 2009 plan like sustainable air conditioning system, target lighting, Waste Audit, and office equipment’s usage.
- There are certain key stakeholders of the Sydney opera house like visitors, government, multinational companies, and private individuals.
2.Environmental sustainability commitments being implemented and suggested timelines
- Predetermined, interact and execute the sustainability commitments
- Directing stakeholders and entailing them in the overall plan
- Review performances of each of the areas of SOH with respect to sustainability.
- Build and setting innovative ideas to focus on commitment and sustainability with respect to achieving them (Kramer, Tenkate, Strahlendorf, Kushner, Gardner, and Holness, 2015).
- Declining waste and usage of natural renewable resources for any type of work at the workplace
3. Describes those involved in complying with the policy, the outcomes expected, the activities
- Under the sustainability plan, the organization stressed on generating green team who will make sure the sustainable environment and educating the staffs of the house regarding sustainability successfully so that the environment of the house will be sustainable.
- The stakeholders such as workforces, upper management, corporate partners, and visitors all contribute successfully to the execution of sustainability policy (Leipziger, 2017).
- The workforces and successfully incorporated into continuously assuring the maintenance operation of the opera house are completed efficiently (Pot, Totterdill, and Dhondt, 2016).
4. Procedures to communicate the policy to all internal stakeholders
- There are many methods that are used to communicate the policy to all internal stakeholders such as
- Verbal communications
- Project communication
- Conferences (Pot, Totterdill, and Dhondt, 2016).
5. New sustainability initiatives will be embedded in all new or revised policy documents
- The company has emphasized on the accountability and sustainable practices of resources by management and concentrate to minimize issues.
- The company has also concentrated on spending in the clean energy technology to decline the environmental pollution (Carbonari and Jones, 2014).
6. Energy management initiatives already in place
- Sydney Opera House uses EMS as it supports to obtain many benefits like manage water cost and energy and waste management.
- It has also replaced the older lighting system by LEDs that has declined the huge quantity of energy consumptions (Dumont, Shen, and Deng, 2017).
7. Sustainability or environmental targets for resource usage within the organisation
- This organization concentrates on using less electricity and energy as it could support to attain their specified aim in minimum resources.
- It is significant for the company to use low power and energy to obtain the green certification Lutchman, Ghanem, and Maharaj, 2016).
8. Potential shortfalls of the plan
- Potential shortfalls of the plan
- Huge fund usage
- High usage of energy
- Software inadequacy (Carayon, Hancock, Leveson, Noy, Sznelwar, and Van Hootegem, 2015).
9. Explains who is responsible for continuous improvements to the plan
- Technical teams and employees of the organization are responsible for continuous improvements to the plan.
- The administration department and operation department individuals are also accountable for continuous improvements (Dumont, Shen, and Deng, 2017).
10. Identifies how you would monitor and review the implementation of the sustainability plan
- An organization could make a committee with respect to constantly track the improvement plan.
- Software and obtainability of capitals will support the company to recover sustainable plan
- Technical development (Carbonari and Jones, 2014).
- Audit of SOH
- It can be concluded that the Sydney Opera House is marketing the expected outcomes of the sustainability policy to the key stakeholders of the policy and plan.
- It can be summarised that Environmental sustainability commitments being implemented and suggested timelines.
- It can be concluded that different factors are complying with the policy, the outcomes expected, the activities to be undertaken and responsibilities assigned.
- There are different procedures to communicate the policy to all internal stakeholders.
- There is also new sustainability initiatives will be embedded in all new and revised policy documents.
- It can be also summarised that Energy management initiatives already in place and one’s planned by the Sydney Opera House.
- There are different ways to monitor and review the implementation of the sustainability plan such as Technical development and Audit of SOH.
- Carayon, P., Hancock, P., Leveson, N., Noy, I., Sznelwar, L., & Van Hootegem, G. (2015). Advancing a sociotechnical systems approach to workplace safety–developing the conceptual framework. Ergonomics, 58(4), 548-564.
- Carbonari, G., & Jones, K. G. (2014). Sustainable facilities management through building information modelling. International Journal of Facilities Management (EuroFM Journal).
- Dumont, J., Shen, J., & Deng, X. (2017). Effects of green HRM practices on employee workplace green behavior: The role of psychological green climate and employee green values. Human ResourceManagement, 56(4), 613-627.
- Kramer, D. M., Tenkate, T., Strahlendorf, P., Kushner, R., Gardner, A., & Holness, D. L. (2015). Sun Safety at Work Canada: a multiple case-study protocol to develop sun safety and heat protection programs and policies for outdoor workers. Implementation Science, 10(1), 97.
- Leipziger, D. (2017). The corporate responsibility code book. UK: Routledge.
- Lutchman, C., Ghanem, W., & Maharaj, R. (2016). Safety management: A comprehensive approach to developing a sustainable system. USA: CRC Press.
- Pot, F., Totterdill, P., & Dhondt, S. (2016). Workplace innovation: European policy and theoretical foundation. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management, and Sustainable Development, 12(1), 13-32.
- Watson, G. B. (2016). Designing sustainable cities in the developing world. UK: Routledge.
This problem has been solved.
Cite This work.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below.
Urgent Homework (2022) . Retrive from https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bsbsus501-develop-workplace-policy-sydney-opera-house
"." Urgent Homework ,2022, https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bsbsus501-develop-workplace-policy-sydney-opera-house
Urgent Homework (2022) . Available from: https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bsbsus501-develop-workplace-policy-sydney-opera-house
Urgent Homework . ''(Urgent Homework ,2022) https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/bsbsus501-develop-workplace-policy-sydney-opera-house accessed 25/09/2022.