The aim is to identify, discuss and apply operations management theory and techniques to an organisational situation in order to help improve overall productivity.
Your project is to:
- Select a manufacturing or services organisation for your assignment (preferably NZ based).
- Conduct research (desktop/internet) for the chosen organisation.
- Complete the following tasks 1,2,3 and 4 set out below.
- Compile a report using the report template provided by lecturer on course Moodle.
- Provide companybackground for the chosen organisation as follows:
- Name of organisation and a briefly describe the nature of their business
- Succintly explain the organisation’s vision, mission and goals and discuss
- the purpose of the 'organisational’ strategy
- and the purpose of the ‘operations strategy’.
- Identify and briefly discuss 3 key current business issues (internal and external).
- Discuss the type of business. In particular, identify the production process strategy adopted by the organisation.
- Productivity– Refer Appendix One to access the question which is dependent on the organisation chosen for this assignment.
Discuss the organisations approach to inventory management and make suggestions for improvement. The role and significance of ‘demand forecasting’ should be included in you answer.