In this task you will write a memo in response to the case study provided below. The memo must be logically structured, free of grammatical errors, professionally styled; in addition, follow the writing conventions for memos as discussed in the lecture.
This assessment is aimed to assess your written communication skills. Students who do not perform well will be highly recommended to consider training with Academic Learning Centre (ALC). The assessment is aimed to ensure that you have advanced level of writing skills before you proceed into other units in the postgraduate course. The assessment will also assess the integrity of your work. Given all students will do the same assessment, plagiarism will be monitored to ensure that your submitted work is original and not purchased or copied from other students. Where assessment are found to be similar, penalty may apply in according with University policy.
Case study: A medium size company named Sigma Global provides various services to clients interested in undertaking university courses overseas. Some of the services include: marketing and promotions of courses, advice to students on courses and academic institutions, finding accommodation for students, transportation in first few weeks in Australia, and child care services to students. The company has agents and clients in more than 150 countries around the globe. It has come to the attention of the head office, based upon a large client survey, that there is a problem in the consistency of the information provided by the agents to the prospective clients. You are the director of the organisation and you are sending out a memo to each of your agents persuading them to comply with the following recommendations. For the purpose of this assessment you should address the memo to: Mrs. Rania Singh, Customer Services Agent.
Some of the policy changes include the following recommendations:
- The agent needs to get approval from Sigma Global for any marketing material prepared for local marketing and advertising. The agents need to ensure ethical marketing.
- The agents need to ensure that they are well informed about each institutions, the courses they deliver, their ranking status, and they represent all institution in equal and fair manner
- Accommodation advice needs to be accurate where promise must meet expectations and experience
- Transportation related advice must include estimated cost, concessions, and other benefits
- Childcare costs, duration of such service (e.g. opening hours, university breaks).