1. Drawing from the case, identify 4 possible ways to contribute to further the achievement of the strategic direction of the organisation. Identify ONEoneselected strategic goal of the company.
2. Suppose you are the Human Resource Manager at Home Cozy, and the company wants you to recruit employees. (a) Propose FOUR factors to be considered in appointment (recruitment) processes so that the new staff contribute actively in the organisation. (b) Discuss employee and organisation improvements facilitated by induction processes. (c) Design a workplace learning programme for the organisation covering both induction and appointment processes.
3. Drawing from the case, illustrate five advantages of performance appraisal and reward plans and evaluate any TWO that would improve employee performance in this organisation.
4. The company has been adopting a 'Performance-based pay' as a reward system. Critically analyse this reward system and propose the other TWO most effective reward plans to improve employee performance. Provide justifications for your choices.
5. Suppose you are an HR manager of the organisation and you somehow sensed that Torn is leaving this organisation. Evaluate your succession planning strategy and justify that this strategy will be the best for the company.
6. Recommend one best motivational theory that you would apply to Saturday staff and one motivational theory that you would apply to flexible staff to improve their engagement and productivity? Justify your recommendations.
7. Propose the two most effective types of organisational culture to support success in this organisation. Justify your choices.
8. Identify and analyse ONE HR-related problem in this NZ based company and explain how you would manage this situation.
9. Propose and Justify TWO effective communication strategies to engage stakeholders while managing this HR related problem identified in the Home Cozy case study.