Research and teaching on development and the social dimensions of environmental change
Worked in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Sweden and Australia.
Working towards progressive inter-disciplinary research and teaching that addresses critical environmental and development challenges.
- social vulnerability to environmental change
- society – water relations
- equity dimensions of climate change adaptation
- climate-related displacement and forced resettlement
- social impact assessment and vulnerability assessment
- political ecology
- social vulnerability and resilience Geographical focus:
- mainland Southeast Asia (Mekong Basin)
- Viet Nam (Mekong Delta)
- South Asia (Sri Lanka)
In pairs, discuss:
- Your name and location
- Current work and/or studies and/or involvement in SIA or crosscultural negotiations
- Interest in social impact assessment and/or cross-cultural negotiations
- Learning priorities for this course.
How to do well in this unit?
Read the Unit Guide
Check the iLearn site regularly
Complete all four assessments
Write analytical rather descriptive pieces of writing
Engage and critique rather than just regurgitate
Read widely, read deeply
Hand in a polished and proof-read version of your paper
Plan your essay research and writing time