In groups of three or four, you will be required to conduct research on Information Systems for your client. Your team is required to pick a case company in one of the areas mentioned below (not limited to). Develop a proposal for a new information system for your client detailing the requirements listed below. The proposal will help your client to make informed decision for investment in information system and to take their business to the next level.
- Identify the company’s critical success factors and primary objectives. What types of information might be helpful in evaluating these objectives? Create a mission statement that would be appropriate for your client business.
- Develop a formal organizational chart based on the information given.
- Analyse the current system and identify specific control weaknesses that must be addressed by a new, improved system. As part of your analysis, prepare a document flowchart and a data flow diagram of the current system.
- Describe the primary features of this new system and explain why this is the best solution for your client to pursue. Discuss the relevance of such advanced technologies as MRP, MRPII, and EDI as information system options.
- The proposal should also contain the following items:
- A description of the technology platform for the system.
- A list of financial and nonfinancial data attributes for each entity in the ER diagram.
- Four user views, which can be source documents or management reports. At least one view should support the needs of a non-accounting user.
- Examine potential security risks, data breaches and provide discussion of the appropriate accounting controls for the new system.