Each student will write a strategic analysis report of NOT more than 2500 words. The report should demonstrate that the student has thoroughly researched their topic. Students should use examples of business practice from the scholarly journals papers, conferences, books
and professional magazines to support their arguments. The strategic nalysis will be on a local company. The report consists of two parts and should cover the following requirements:
- Business background
- What industry is it?
- General environment analysis (economic, physical, sociocultural, global, technological, political/legal and demographic – and work out what the important facts are).
- The industry environment ((i.e., supplier power, buyer power, potential entrants, substitute products and rivalry among competitors) and explain briefly what is significant for each).
- Competitive environment (Is there a strategic group that you need to take account of? What is the rivalry like in this group? What capabilities do the relevant firms have? What strategies do they follow? What threats do they represent?)
- Opportunities and threats
- The firm’s resources, tangible and intangible
- Capabilities identification (explain the capabilities carefully to indicate what the firm really does.)
- Core competency analysis (For each capability, indicate which of the four tests for a core competency it meets).
- Propose a suitable information system solution that meets the chosen company needs.
- Evaluate the proposed system and provide your recommendations