IST 412-001 (Sissom) Spring 2021
Part One: Medical Marijuana Registry Database Design
Many states have created a Medical Marijuana Registry' that allows a patient to link with a provider to obtain marijuana for medical purposes. You have been asked to design a database for a portion of this operation. The facts given below are the result of many user interviews and should be used to design the database. A copy of registry for a particular patient is as follows:
Be sure to complete the design considering the following facts:
- Show only primary key/unique identifiers (no foreign key type relationships in drawings), remember that Visual Paradigm will place foreign keys automatically.
- Many states can have Medical Marijuana Registries but not all states will.
- A Medical Marijuana Registry will belong to only 1 state.
- Each individual registry will contain only 1 provider and only 1 patient.
- Show the attributes in the Registry above, and perhaps you can identify others (in Illinois), and surrogate keys (if needed).
- Draw the relationships (ID dependent and non-ID dependent) between entities (using Visual Paradigm).
- Enter the correct minimum and maximum cardinality using the crow’s feet design
- If a relationship has a M:M relationship, then break it down using an associative/bridge entity.
Complete the following requirements:
- Draw a rough ERD (Conceptual Data Model) between the following given entities using the facts stated above. Be sure to show the maximum and minimum cardinality.
Place your solution into Visual Paradigm and copy-and-paste into this document or place the .vpp directly into the drop box.
If you sketch a solution and would like to scan and upload that portion as well, please feel free to do so (optional).
Part Two: Pirate University
Pirate University provides educational classes to students. You have been asked to design a database showing the entities and their relationships to facilitate this operation. The facts given below are the result of many user interviews and should be used to design the database. Be sure to complete the following:
- You are to determine the entities and fields needed for this database.
- Use surrogate keys as needed.
- Draw the relationships between each entity using the crow’s foot design.
- If any relationship has a many-to-many cardinality then you are to create an intersection table between the two.
- Do not worry about including foreign keys (Visual Paradigm will auto-generate).
- Use Visual Paradigm to complete this assignment.
Pirate University facts you should use to design the database are:
- The university can have many departments, but a department will belong to only 1 university
- A professor will teach in only one department, but a department can have many professors.
- A student will belong to only one department, but a department can have many students.
- A department will provide many courses, but a course will be taught by only one department.
- A professor can teach many courses and a course can be taught by many professors.
A student can take many courses and a course can be taken by many students.
Complete the ERD using the facts stated above. Be sure to break down all many to many relationships.
This problem has been solved.
Cite This work.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below.
Urgent Homework (2022) . Retrive from https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/ist-412-medical-marijuana-registry-database-design
"." Urgent Homework ,2022, https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/ist-412-medical-marijuana-registry-database-design
Urgent Homework (2022) . Available from: https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/ist-412-medical-marijuana-registry-database-design
Urgent Homework . ''(Urgent Homework ,2022) https://www.urgenthomework.com/sample-homework/ist-412-medical-marijuana-registry-database-design accessed 08/08/2022.
- 24 x 7 Availability.
- Trained and Certified Experts.
- Deadline Guaranteed.
- Plagiarism Free.
- Privacy Guaranteed.
- Free download.
- Online help for all project.
- Homework Help Services