You need to form into groups of 3-4 students to work on the case study, Accelerating Global Digital Platform Deployment Using the Cloud: a Case Study of Schneider Electric’s “bridge Front Office” (bFO) Program. The case study document is provided in a separate pdf document. You are required to write a report that covers the following aspects.
- Provide an analysis of the business (eg. Domestic and international competitions, customer base and company finance etc) and technical environment (eg. IT infrastructure, internal IT skills and support structure etc) of Schneider Electric when it started the bFO program.
- With reference to the case information, discuss the drivers or the reasons AND the challenges for the program.
- Discuss with some details from the case study the strategic approach or the progressive steps Schneider Electric took towards rolling out the program. Give your critique of the approach.
- Discuss with your insights the cost and benefit of the program to Schneider Electric, using the reflections from the company stakeholders from the case study and your own research.
A significant factor for success in this assignment is your ability to work as a team, as professionals working in the field of IS/IT routinely work in this manner. You are strongly advised to:
- Include in your team at least one partner who is not necessarily known to you
- To have at least one member of the opposite sex
- Make sure you assign yourself to a team as early as possible
- You do not have to work in the same group for your ERP topic related presentation