Change the wireless network settings
- Use PoliceVan for the SSID
- Use WPA2-PSK authentication, with AES for encryption
- Configure 4WatchingU as the security key
Change the wireless access point's default administrator authentication credentials
- Set the username to @dm1n
- Set the password to StayOut!
Configure the laptop to connect to the wireless network
Complete the following steps:
- In the address bar of Internet Explorer, type 192.168.0.254. Press the Enter key.
- In the pop-up dialog, enter the default authentication credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Ensure that Remember my credentials is not selected, and click OK.
- Select Wireless > Basic on the left.
- Change the SSID.
- Scroll down and click Apply.
- In the pop-up dialog, re-enter the default authentication credentials.
- Select Wireless > Security on the left.
- Change the authentication (Security Mode) for the PoliceVan SSID.
- Enter the security key (Pass Phrase), and click Apply.
- Select Administrator > Management on the left.
- Change the administrator authentication credentials, and click Apply.
- To connect the Laptop to the wireless network, go to the operating system.
- In the notification area, click the networking icon and click the PoliceVan wireless network.
- Ensure that the Connect automatically checkbox is selected and click Connect.
- Enter the security key, and click OK.
To confirm the connection, click the networking icon in the notification area again or open the Network and Sharing Center.