You are required to script and produce a video that captures you presenting your thoughts following a critical reflection on your experiences.
This list of questions below may be useful in your critical reflection. These are suggestions only.
You can certainly address issues that are not in this list:
- How has your understanding of operations management and decision-making changed as you progressed through the subject?
- What major learning on operational management and decision-making can you apply in practice as a manager in your organisation?
- Has what you have learned in this subject created an increased awareness of the importance of managing operations? Explain your reasons.
- You have participated in a number of group activities and discussions. How have these discussions influenced your views and/or knowledge on operations management and decision-making?
- Are there any other aspects you have reflected on that are not included above? Include them also.
- The process of decision making is another very common and necessary part of running and monitoring the business operations (Vohs et al. 2018). It helps in taking important steps from the establishment of the business to its efficient running
- I feel that there are many things learnt in the process of operations management and decision making. The most important part of the course was to understand that it is important to allocate resources in the most efficient way possible and use them in such a way that there is maximum capacity utilisation.
- As a manager in my organisation I will be able to use these skills to distribute work amongst my employees in such a way that there is maximisation of potential and hence maximisation of productivity.
- The facts that I have learnt in the operations management course has yielded a lot of new learning for e that were earlier unknown. I have learnt how to design the process of production so that it is both efficient and is linked to the supply chain in the best way possible. I have also learnt the processes that will help induce better performance of the employees by ensuring that their performance and quality of work is improved.
- The group activities and discussions that I have attended during this course has helped gain a lot of exposure on the topic and has increased my horizon of knowledge about the same.
- However, one very important factor that I have not mentioned above includes maintaining a sustainable work environment and taking care of the corporate social responsibilities.
- Haksever, C. and Render, B., 2018. Service and Operations Management. World Scientific Books.
- Hitt, M.A., Xu, K. and Carnes, C.M., 2016. Resource based theory in operations management research. Journal of Operations Management, 41, pp.77-94.
- Vohs, K.D., Baumeister, R.F., Schmeichel, B.J., Twenge, J.M., Nelson, N.M. and Tice, D.M., 2018. Making choices impairs subsequent self-control: A limited-resource account of decision making, self-regulation, and active initiative. In Self-Regulation and Self-Control (pp. 45-77). Routledge.
- Pettigrew, A.M., 2014. The politics of organizational decision-making. Routledge.
Introduction to Operations Management
Operations management is the process of managing and regulating the various departments of a business and monitoring their functioning so that the business is able to reach the highest level of efficiency and productivity .
Introduction to Decision Making
Group Activities and Discussions