SITXHRM006 Assessment 2
Your task: Answer the following questions. Each question must be completed.
This assessment consists of 2 parts, Part A and Part B
- requires you to choose 3 different job roles relevant to your industry or area of training, for example Hospitality, Tourism or Events and develop the documentation for a performance appraisal procedure for these 3 positions.
- requires you to write a report in which you will outline how you will administer the performance appraisal, the provisions for various feedback requirements, processes to recognise and deal with performance problems including training, and informal and formal grievance procedures.
PART A – Developing procedures for performance appraisal
1. Choose 3 different positions relevant to your industry or area of study in Hospitality, Tourism or Events and determine at least 7 tasks or responsibilities of each role. Use the attached document “Performance-agreement-template.docx” or suitable documents sourced from http://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/policies-and-guides/templates (Managing performance), to record your tasks and responsibilities.
Examples for different positions and job roles in these sectors can be accessed under following links:
(travel and tourism)
2. For each job role and each task, establish the key performance indicators. The following links can help you to define these:
Position Description – Executive Sous Chef
Develop measurable criteria which you will use to base your questions for the individual appraisals on.
- The criteria need to be measurable e.g. in form of a rating scale that measures the level of performance.
- Ensure that each of the key aspects listed below are incorporated into the key outcomes and key performance indicators.
- Compile these criteria into a checklist for each job role that can be used for monitoring the effectiveness of staff as they perform their day-to-day duties in Assessment 3, Practical Observation.
- adherence to procedures
- cost minimisation
- customer service standards
- level of accuracy in work
- personal presentation
- response times
- team interaction
- waste minimisation
4. Develop the annual performance review document addressing the criteria developed in Question 3 which will be used for the staff performance appraisal
See example review templates at:
Note: if a sample template is selected, you must amend the existing criteria therein to reflect those you have developed in Question 3.
PART B – Report
Write a report that clearly outlines how you will implement the performance appraisal for your 3 staff. Your report needs to include the following details:
- Notification of staff and timelines of what will occur, how and when
- Who will participate in the review process
- How the review will be administered
- How you will identify performance problems based on your criteria which you have developed in PART A
- Provisions for training and professional development: How these are determined and which options could be used to manage this effectively
- Grievance procedures
- Informal and formal counselling options including options for problem solving techniques
- Provisions and options for recognising and rewarding outstanding performance
- Procedures for disagreements of performance
- Documentation and record keeping requirements