Assessment task 3 – Guidelines
Need to submit two role-plays
- Meeting with the store managers on monitoring and reporting and you need to discuss the mentioned points below:
- the measurement and evaluation requirements of the WHS plan
- setting targets and KPIs for managers and employees in accordance with organisational objectives for the WHS. Consider outcome and management KPIs
- audit and reporting process for managers. Consider schedule for audits, content of audits, and tools such as checklists which may help in implementation
- meeting with the board of directors and senior management to review performance of WHSMS and make recommendations
- Consult with managers on implementation of performance monitoring and audit procedures
- explain the most practical ways possible for managers to implement the procedures you have developed.
- Stress the benefits to the organisation and benefits to managers where appropriate.
submit amended targets and KPIs, procedures for performance management, audit and reporting as a result of consultation
submit a written 3–4-page report containing recommendations for improvement of the WHS management system.
Based on your analysis and consultation with the board of directors and senior management, prepare a 3–4-page report containing the following elements.
- Executive summary (briefly summarise report).
- Body (analyse data from scenario; discuss possible causes; explore possible solutions; explain your reasoning and support with evidence).
- Conclusions (make conclusions based on analysis; determine root causes of performance issues).
- Recommendations (at least 4 recommendations to improve performance based on analysis). Refer to standards and legal compliance where relevant to support recommendations.