In this assignment, you need to create an Entity Relationship (ER) diagram relevant to the above case study and optionally perform logical design to produce appropriate 3NF Relations.
The attributes for various entities have not been purposely described in the case study so that the students are encouraged to further research and list the pertinent attributes in addition to the required identifier for each and every entity in their ERD.
1 Draw an appropriate ER diagram
Use the symbols as prescribed in your unit-textbook to draw the ER diagram (ERD) for the above case study.
Your ERD must
- show all necessary entities, attributes and relationships
- show identifiers/identifying attributes as necessary
- show multi-valued attributes, if any
- show participation and cardinality
- show associative entities, if appropriate
- show weak entities, if any
- use the notation described in the set text
1 Identified entities (including super type and sub type entities), associative entities, weak entities (if any) and named appropriately
2 Provided appropriate attributes
3 Provided identifiers/identifying attributes
4 Drawn correct relationships between entities and named them appropriately
5 Used proper symbols for
- entities including super type and sub type; associative entities; weak entities if any
- identifying attributes
- min and max cardinalities for the relationships