A great thanks to modern technology all the students can eventually attend the classes from their comfort zone. There are online courses as well that were once deemed to the lecture halls and the stigma was eventually seemed to be fade just like technology advances and at the same time became the greater part of the standard academic curriculum. Students either old or young have now got the choice in order to pursue online learning too also through the single lecture and also through a fully online university course. But then there are some of the benefits as well as the cons too. Both sides have been determined by several experts.
Online schools have been increasing in popularity day by day. If we talk about the distance learning it actually became available first because it usually provided several online classes here and there. In today’s generation, there are most of the schools that have been offering or providing with online degree programs. According to the Sloan survey conducted in the year 2010, there have been the growth rate of the 21% in the online enrolment and a rate was higher than the 2% growth actually with the higher education because of the overall population.
How do we find the Online Programs or courses?
Generally, the increasing fame and the availability of the online courses have made it quite possible for most of the individuals to basically obtain an education instead of having to actually work and raise a family. One of the biggest dilemmas is eventually finding a school that usually offer online courses. In order to do an internet search, it can become quite tough and also a time-consuming process basically looking for the specified and unique courses and schools involving specific location. One of the amazing options is the National centre of the education statistics that usually allow all of the students in order to filter up to the programs that are usually based on the distance learning options and also geographic location or education field.
Advantages of the Online Courses
– There are some of the online students who might rarely remain online for the specific time period for the interaction. There are some of the students who can eventually log onto the course material according to their convenience and also keep up with their responsibilities. According to the latest reports, the online education usually offers the excellent options for the veterans and this is because it usually allows all of them to actually work and at the same time study for the alternative times that they are mostly used to further work.
- Availability of Courses – there are most of the schools who eventually provide with the online courses and at the same time increase the availability of different options and at the same time allow all of the students to eventually search until they eventually find out one that satisfies their needs.
- Access to programs 24/7 – There are online programs that are duly available 24/7 to any student with the access of internet. Apart from the on-campus programs that usually require students to attend the classes.
- No travelling included – Online courses doesn’t require students to travel as they can directly learn or study from their homes and at the same time it saves their time, vehicles or gas. It also eliminates to drive in the bad weather too.
- Multi-media format – There are students who mostly prefer the online courses and this is because they get to learn through in the numerous ways and it involves webcams, DVD or CD and other virtual classrooms.
- Numerous Programs – there are students today who eventually pick in order to study almost at any course online. There is no commuting required as well and they eventually can find any school out there that basically offers what they usually want.
- Self Motivation – There are students who can eventually log into their courses at their own preferences and at the same time have their own pace. So, if they are eventually having that difficulty with the program they can eventually take more of the time to study.
- Reputation Management – Online education haven’t viewed in the same light just like the on-campus programs and this is considered to be the modifying issue each and every year.
2. Flexible knowledge
– If you have a flexible timetable then it is considered to be one of the main benefits in order to take online programs. It usually allows each and every student in order to learn the online education at their own pace and their own time table and this is because the digital classrooms can eventually be accessed anywhere and anytime. Each and every online program doesn’t initially require any kind of attendance because they can be disruptive to the family and at the same time career obligations. The very basic requirements in these virtual program room are initially delineated and at the same time meeting the deadlines have been considered important and can eventually be scheduled into one’s routine.
3. Individualized knowledge
– There are most of the students who eventually prefer the online programs because they can eventually learn in any way and get most benefits out of it too. This is because students are basically doing their independent work as well and have a lot more of opportunities too in order to adjust their study and this is based more on their learning penchant and also proclivities in major. Therefore, Online learning usually assists all the students in order to work on their strengths and their weaknesses. There are some of the shy students who generally don’t have in order to worry about any kind of reprimand themselves for actually not speaking up out there. If you eventually take up the online courses then it will eventually ease and improve your threats that you might individually experience while speaking up in the class or lecture room about the material you’re basically unfamiliar with most of the time.
4. Opportunities for the students and no age bar
– There are some of the students who have kids and some are elderly parents as well who usually take care of their family but still have time to attend these courses available online. Although, these online courses usually provide an astonishing substitute to all those responsibilities. Online programs are basically for the students who eventually are studying at an older age. Younger students could actually connect with this thing rather than any other student out there. Although online programs are very significant because of the effects it brings in and involves.
Disadvantages of Online Programs
1. Reputation management in some fields
– Due to this non-traditional process of actually attending lectures might eventually be looked upon in these traditional fields of the business. If you eventually take up these online courses then you might pick up the speed with so many students out there and the courses eventually carried out as a stigma where it is basically assessed by the main recruiter and committee for the competitive kind of position.
2. Personal discipline is required
– In order to stay motivated and also keeping up with the assignments might prove more difficult for all the online students than those for attending the traditional classes. Online programs usually create a challenge for most of the students who eventually struggle with supervisory functioning. The very free form nature of the online programs eventually means that all of the students require to be quite organized in order to manage the time too. It is considered to be quite important for all the students taking up the online lectures at the same time. You need to create a schedule to complete work and studying and at the same time stick to it. You’ll need to make the correct and right adjustments in order to feel those positive vibes you get in your course.
3. Lack of communication and teaching
– Students who prefer online courses don’t really get that interaction with the teacher and also with their classmates that they would eventually in a lecture room. It is considered to be quite difficult in order to find those people who would eventually study in order to take the course online and it usually depends upon the students at the end of the day. Students who generally prefer online courses usually are left in order to guess what to do and what not because they are in a major dilemma.
4. Online programs are usually not available for most of the subjects
– Online programs might eventually sometimes doesn’t match thoroughly with the student’s perspectives. It is actually better in order to encourage who eventually would like to seek the complete or begin with the degree in order to further investigate all the online experience. You need to make sure that you actually review all the school’s authorization and the overall in order to choose the discipline and you need to look onto these national benefits as well in order to choose the right career to further ensure that the school’s prospectus usually meets their guidelines.
- Social interaction – All the online students eventually don’t have the social interaction with the fellow students that can further be considered to be quite helpful in the study process.
- Students or teachers Interaction – Students who prefer online courses usually have limited access or no access to get that interaction with their classmates or the teacher there who might reply to their questions or clear their doubts.
- Technology Problems – Technology is quite great and if you have great technology you are probably at your best. Online students facing any kind of the computer or the internet issues might be unable to actually complete all of their assignments and exams as required.
- Motivation – There are some of the students who eventually need to initially push in order to get to the class or lecture and this is because students who prefer remain online actually know if they can do at their own pace and it might adjourn.
- Transferring credits or bonus – There are some of the schools who actually don’t acknowledge the online schools in order to put some light on the campus schools and it eventually makes it quite difficult in order to transfer the bonus on the college.
- Financial aid – It is basically not available in all of the online schools if we talk about and therefore many students might be needed in order to find any other financial aid or any other school that usually provide with the financial aid.
Online courses are considered to be quite a vast topic. Apart from the benefits, it offers it also provides students with disadvantages as well. At times it usually becomes impossible in order to get full education but then there are chances that have that full education too. You can actually choose the courses online that you really prefer the most and want to genuinely go through. The choice is totally yours because at the end of the day it is you who have to take the decision of your life and you better know about yourself well. There will be experts and advisors to advise you and also give you a brief about each and everything you want to know. So, it is basically up to the students how they want to manage their lectures and time and this is because whatever they might choose it will usually bring the pros and cons in both the situations but if you think you’ve made the right decision then you need to totally stick to that decision and follow the desired guidelines and understand the motive behind it. Online programs offered are considered to be a great advantage but a major disadvantage as well and for more assistance, you can eventually look at the above-mentioned points i.e. advantages and disadvantages for better assistance.