Literature Essay Help
What do you mean by Literature essay?
Literature essay is defined as a type of essay in which the format and structure are short and concise in comparison with the other essay types. The literature essay is non-fiction in nature. The main agenda which the literature essay covers, is the overall virtue of any given literary topic and it's in –depth analysis as well as keeping it with the nature of the subject. Literature essay focuses on the purpose of using literary devices and using it to power to the subject. Literature is always synonym with the reading pleasure and this its purpose. In schools and colleges, these type of essays is assigned to the students for perceiving their written skills and extracurricular knowledge. How good knowledge do the students have about the stories and novels or books? In other words, the literature essay is basically a composition of a short non-fiction synopsis which covers human knowledge about the books and the novels which have been read. Lately, the literary essays have become long and of many words. Mainly the length is not that important for the literary essay but the content. The content should be clearly stated and made sure have a strong presence of story structure. There are basically three main parts of a literary essay namely, the introduction, the body of the essay and the end or the conclusion. These form the basic structure of any literary essay. Moreover, sometimes the literary essay is said to have been more of restrictive and the narration is too dull and formal. But due to modernization in the English language, these are changing times.
Some pointers to keep in mind while writing a literature essay:
1. Always brainstorm as many ideas for the topic of your literature essay as much. Write the best ideas on which you can write well and then start getting into deep in them. Start with reading the books or the books which are assigned to you. Ask yourself some relevant questions like what is the theme of this story and what theme will you into? What did the author of that story write about this? What are the characteristics which are included in the story? How the style which is being used in this is are relevant to the content of the story? What specific literary terms are addressed and why?
2. After you have written down all the ideas about the story of your literature essays, you can start evaluating the relevant ones on which you can think you can do some good work. Start evaluating the best topics or ideas out of the lot which you think can make up with your story. Eliminate the ideas which are not working with you. don't waste your precious time on thinking about them. After choosing the best idea, start working on it by thinking about the sequence of ideas or the chain of ideas. Give each idea a numerical number and write them down on a paper to keep you on with it. As a result, it will help you eventually in making the structure of your literary essay.
3. The next part is to find any connections or patterns which may be found in the questions. This will be helped by the process of research work. Research work is such an important part of this essay writing that without it, it will not be as good. Find out about the author, his life works, what do the other critics have a say about the book and the author, has the author of the story has a different take on the story arc or not, what is the historical context of this story, etc. There are many things to be researched thoroughly before putting up the essay.
4. Make a proper thesis statement. The thesis statement is not about anything related to any questions neither are they just some observations but a qualitative summary of the essay that you are about to write about. The thesis statement is very important while preparing for the essay and the topic as it helps in introducing the main idea which will be presented in the literature essay. The idea is thus developed in the text of the essay has a backgrounder from the thesis statement. Another thing, the thesis statement helps in studying and analyzing the text and the illumination of the writing for the literary elements terms.
What is the body structure of the literature essay?
The body structure of the literature essay is very simple but the main thing which is important is the content itself. It is like this:
As the name suggests it is the very start of the essay and helps the readers in grasping what is the essay is all about. The introduction should be brief and summarized. Some suggestions should be mentioned for the direction that the writer is intending for the readers to follow.
The second thing is the paragraphing which means writing your content in not very large but very concise paragraphs having equal white spaces in between. If the pointers which define the essay very long make sure the paragraphing is done rightly. Equal intervals of topics are explained and without any hurry.
Evidence and Quotes
Make sure whatever you say, prove it with equivalent evidence and don't leave it to look pale and dull. When you make a point, make sure the reader is fully invested in it and your themes and style of writing is very finely curated. The next thing is to use a quote. The quote is the very powerful thing to add in your essay. A quote is basically an excerpt from something which is said by a famous personality. Always remember to lay out the quotes correctly.
By selection, it means that be selective when using your text. Do not get started on re-telling the story and also don't miss out on the important pointers. Give only the information which is relevant to the topic of the essay. don't wander off too often.
The end should well-formed and formal. All the loose ends should be tied. This is that important part of your essay which lays down the main answers of your essay and the main reason why you wrote the essay in the first place.
- Admission Essay writing Service
- Analytical essay
- Application Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- College Essay Help
- Comparative Contrast essay
- Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive essay
- Evaluative essay
- Expository Essay
- Literature Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Persuasive essay
- Reflective Essay
- Research Proposal
- Response essay
- Thesis Essay Writing