Bioinformatics Homework Help
What is Bioinformatics?
Bioinformatics is the unified discipline formed from the combination of biology, computer science and information technology.
"The mathematical, statistical and computing methods that aim to solve biological problems using DNA and amino acid sequences and related information. "—Frank Tekaia
A Molecular Alphabet
- Most large biological molecules are polymers, ordered chains of simple molecules called monomers.
- All monomers belong to the same general class, but there are several types with distinct and well-defined characteristics.
- Many monomers can be joined to form a single, large macromolecule; the ordering of monomers in the macromolecule encodes information, just like the letters of an alphabet
- The study and application of computing methods for classical biology.
- Primarily concerned with evolutionary, population and theoretical biology, rather than the cellular or molecular level.
- The study and application of computing methods to improve communication, understanding and management of medical data.
- Generally concerned with how the data is manipulated rather than the data itself.
The study and application of computing methods, along with chemical and biological technology, for drug design and development.
- Analysis and comparison of the entire genome of a single species or of multiple species.
- A genome is the set of all genes possessed by an organism.
- Genomics existed before any genomes were completely sequenced, but in a very primitive state.
- Study of how the genome is expressed in proteins, and of how these proteins function and interact.
- Concerned with the actual states of specific cells, rather than the potential states described by the genome.
- The application of genomic methods to identify drug targets.
- For example, searching entire genomes for potential drug receptors, or by studying gene expression patterns in tumors.
- The use of genomic methods to determine what causes variations in individual response to drug treatments.
- The goal is to identify drugs that may be only be effective for subsets of patients, or to tailor drugs for specific individuals or groups.
History of Bioinformatics
- Computers and Computer Science
Topics In Biology
- Cell Biology
- Digestive system
- Molecular Biology
- Respiratory System Homework Help
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Nervous system
24 x 7 Availability.
Trained and Certified Experts.
Online help for all project.
Urgenthomework helped me with finance homework problems and taught math portion of my course as well. Initially, I used a tutor that taught me math course I felt that as if I was not getting the help I needed. With the help of Urgenthomework, I got precisely where I was weak: