Insertion Sort Homework Help
Algorithm: Insertion Sort
It works the way you might sort a hand of playing cards:
- We start with an empty left hand [sorted array] and the cards face down on the table [unsorted array].
- Then remove one card [key] at a time from the table [unsorted array] and insert it into the correct position in the left hand [sorted array].
- To find the correct position for the card, we compare it with each of the cards already in the hand, from right to left.
We use a procedure Insertion Sort. It requires as parameters an array A[1.. n] and the length n of the array. The array A is categorized in place: the numbers are rearranged within the array, with at most a constant number outside the array at any time.
Following Topics Related To Insertion Sort
- Insertion Sort Example
- Insertion Sort Best-Case
- Insertion Sort Worst-Case
- Insertion Sort Implementation