The millennial students have to keep themselves busy in so many things beyond the imagination of babyboomers and GenX-ers. They are constantly multitasking since the time is short and there are thousands other things to do in order to face the hardcore competition. It’s quite obvious that these days students have to undergo enormous pressure. The amount of homework which is assigned to them can be really depressing sometimes. They can’t get enough free time to play, exercise or indulge in their hobbies. They don’t get much free time to think over and as a result, these young people seem to suffer from severe stress.
Stress can result from the extra classes they have to attend, the extracurricular activities, doing homework, the pressure to be the top scorer as well as remain the top-scorer in the class. It is obvious that these apparently not so much ‘significant’ problems can cause real trouble sometimes like avoidance of the homework, conflict with parents and friends, lagging behind in the class etc. Doing homework can be really problematic sometimes since it is a time-consuming job which demands very much concentration. This is also a job which requires successful completion within the given deadline.
Let’s ask yourself these basic questions: do you feel very lazy whenever it comes to doing your homework? Do you usually start doing that at the very late hour and end up staying awake all night long? To be very brief, do you face troubles regarding maintaining the deadlines? If all the answers are yes then this is the perfect place for people like you. Here are top 10 secret techniques to complete your homework on time.
- Instead of procrastinating, it’s always better to start your homework as soon as possible. Practically speaking, if you can finish your homework early, you can have plenty of time in your hand to spend as you please. During that time you can hang out with your friends, indulge in your hobbies, read or listen to the music and so on. Therefore take a half an hour break after you come back from school and take a light, nutritious meal to freshen up and start doing your homework right after that.
- Before you start doing your homework, choose a proper place to study which can provide you with the best environment to study.
- In order to avoid distraction, get hold of a really calm and quiet place which is devoid of the noise from televisions or radio.
- If it’s possible then it’s always better to avoid doing your homework on the bed. Sit down on a proper chair and table. That will help you avoid even back problems.
- Go for a well-lit area so as not to strain your eyes.
- Put your mobile phone preferably on switched off [or at least silent] mode to avoid getting distracted by the sound of messages, Social media or Whatsapp notifications.
- First grab your notebooks, textbooks, pen, pencils, highlighters and whatever else you need for doing your homework so that you don’t have to get up again and again in search of these things and in this way you will not get distracted.
- Set a deadline to complete your homework and to maintain it get organized.
- Grab a planner and mark your routine, class timings, time to go to sleep, in short, everything. Mark the class routine too.
- Write down everything in one large binder. This will save your ample amount of time and the headache. `
- Write down the amounts and names of the assignments along with their submission deadlines.
- When you have free time in school, you can go to the library and finish off your homework in the school only so that you can utilize the time at home to relax.
- Find a good study partner. Naturally, the person should be someone you know, someone who will be able to help and motivate you to do your homework. Both of you have to be sincere in order to make it work.
- Find out what is your style of studying in order to get the best result. Studying has different techniques. Not everyone can be comfortable with the same technique. Some people find it best to study in utter isolation, some in the company of the others; some prefer to study while listening to music. Whatever it is, it is of utmost importance that you identify the technique to help you study and learn effectively.
- Be systematic and divide your homework assignments in a hierarchical order.
- Set up your homework according to high, medium and low priority and start doing it according to that hierarchy.
- High priority homework may refer to the subjects which are quite difficult to handle and need extra time as well as energy.
- Medium priority homework refers to the assignments and homework which you can manage quite easily.
- Low priority homework doesn’t take much time and it can also refer to those which do not need to be submitted anytime soon.
- It is always better to get rid of unnecessary and unproductive habits. In this way, you can complete your homework within the scheduled time.
- Quit prolonging what is inevitable. Don’t pile up the tougher homework till the very last minute. There’s a perfect scope that you might not get the time to finish it up.
- For those who are super enthusiastic, don’t rush into finishing it by working on it between two classes. Within the hurry, you might make more mistakes than usual or forget things you know.
- Copying others’ homework won’t do at all.
- You can search for the information on the internet, take help from online tutors, discuss with friends or download study resources e-books, but don’t plagiarize.
- It is necessary to keep breaks in your calendar or planner. Take five minutes to break whenever is necessary. Wash your face and eyes properly. This will definitely freshen up your energy and enthusiasm.
- Develop healthy habits as the proverb goes, “a sound body has a sound mind.”
- Don’t skip breakfast ever. It ’s the most important meal of the day.
- Try to learn new things whenever you have extra time. Instead of wasting your free time on unproductive TV channels, social media websites or the internet; you can learn new things that will develop your mind.
- Whenever you come from school, take small and nutritious lunch meal. This will be able to provide you with energy and keep the drowsiness away.
- In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle it is necessary to do outdoor exercise or yoga so that you can remain fit.
The homework involves lots of stress and frustration, caused due to the inability to finish the homework within the proper time. Sometimes it becomes difficult to talk to your parents or teachers about this serious issue. If you have not been able to do your work on time. come clean to your teachers instead of making false excuses and beg for pardon. Start anew with these secret tips to complete homework on time and never miss a submission deadline again.