Holmes Institute Assignment Help
HA2022 Business Law
Instructions: Please read and re-read carefully to avoid mistakes.
1. Research on an Australian case on negligence from the list below (page3).
2. Select the party you wish to represent – i.e. Plaintiff or Defendant. There is no need to choose bothparties.
3. Read the original text of your case and understandit.
4. Group report: Write a report outlining the following:
Group report must be submitted via Safe-Assign onBlackboard.
Group presentation: Present the report in class or video recording.Your lecturer will advise which is moreappropriate.
- Case introduction.
- The facts of thecase.
- The issues raised by both plaintiff anddefendant.
- The arguments presented by bothparties.
- The judgment of thecourt.
- Critical analysis of why the court decided in favour of or against the party you chose (i.e. plaintiff or defendant). Some points to consider for your analysis:
If your chosen party won the case, why was its case stronger or more compelling than the other party’s case? Why did the court agree with its arguments?
If your chosen party lost the case, why was its case weaker or less compelling that the other party’s case? Why did the court disagree with itsarguments?
Video link must be uploaded to a publicly viewable video-sharing platform(ex. Youtube, Dropbox, Google drive) and the video link uploaded onBlackboard.
- If in-class presentation, all members must present on the day. If videopresentation, groups must show to the satisfaction of the lecturer that all group members made a reasonable contribution to the groupwork. Students not participating in the presentation will merit a mark of Zero for presentation.
- Non-compliance with this requirement will result in a failing mark or a fail will berecorded.
BUSINESS LAW CASES TO CHOOSE FROM:
- Nagel v Rottnest Island Authority(1993)
- Modbury Triangle Shopping Centre v Anzil(2000)
- Roads and Traffic Authority v Dederer(2007)
- Esanda Finance v Peat Marwick Hungerfords(1997)
- Fallas v Mourlas(2006)
- Rogers v Whitaker(1992)
- Caltex Oil v Dredge(1976)
- Perre v Apand (1999)
- L Shaddock v Parramatta City Council(1982)
- Wyong Shire Council v Shirt(1980)
- Hawkins v Clayton(1988)
- Koehler v Cerebos (Aust) Ltd(2005)
- Horne v Queensland(1995)
- Peter Joseph Haylen v NSW Rugby Union Ltd(2002)
- Flavel v State of SA(2008)
- Tame v NSW(2001)
- Annetts v Australian Stations Pty Ltd(2001)
- Hackshaw v Shaw(1984)
- Baker v Gilbert(2003)
- Australian Safeway Stores v Zaluzna(1987)
- Koowarta v Bjelke-Petersen  HCA 27
- Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd v Heller & Partners Ltd  AC 465
- Fisher v Bell  1 QB 394
- Re Warumungu Land Claim; Ex parte Attorney General (NT) (1988) 77 ALR 27
- Swain v Waverly Municipal Council  HCA 4
- Goldman v Hargrave  1 AC 645
- Strong v Woolworths Ltd  HCA 5
- Grant v Australian Knitting Mills  AC 85
- Lister v Romford Ice and Cold Storage Co Ltd  AC555
- Ford & Anor v La Forrest & Ors  QSC 261
HA2022 Business Law, Holmes Institute Assignment Help, Holmes Institute Assignment Writing, Best Holmes Institute Assignment Help online, Australia assignment help, Australia Homework help, assignment help Australia, Homework help Australia, help with assignment