HC1082 Marketing T2 2020
Trimester T2 2020 Unit Code HC1082 Unit Title Marketing Assessment Type Individual Assignment 1 Holmes Institute
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping)
- Evaluate theoretical and practical knowledge of Marketing
- Analyse marketing issues and strategies using core marketing concepts
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of Marketing in the diagnosis of Product/s issues and demonstrate an understanding of the of the different marketing concepts.
Task Criteria: There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1 – Analysis of Mini Case (must demonstrate understanding of the theories or concepts in the case and their applications.
Part 2 – Critical Thinking. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills to develop a valid discussion and with supporting evidence to your chosen product and target markets.
Details of task requirements:
Mini Case (video) Analysis of Market Segmentation, watch “Grilled Burger” ad on YouTube and answer 2 questions below.
- Explain the concept of Market Segmentation and describe at least three target markets on the “Grilled YouTube video”
- Explain the concept of “Positioning” and discuss “Grilled Burger” positioning strategy on the video.
Part 2: Theory and Application of Marketing mix (4Ps of Marketing: Product, Price, Promotion and Place).
- Student to selects one product with 2 of target customer groups.
- Discuss how 4Ps of Marketing Mix can be applied in particular group chosen and how value can be created in each of the marketing mix.
- Give your justification for two groups customers that you selected for that product.
Note: Must only need to choose TWO target markets and ONE Product to discuss theory and application.
Products Target Market
Burger Middle-age White-Collar Upper-middle class Seniors (age
individuals (baby-boomers) group 65 – 75 years old)
Mid-sized care Sedan University students Millennials (21 and 28)
Holiday Beach Resort Trade persons (Generation Y) Teenage generation (ages
Accommodation between (13 and 17)
Bath soap Single parents (Age 35 – 48) Generation Z (ages 28 and 35) between
Running shoes Vegetarians Executives (Generation X – ages
39 to 59)
The aim of the Assignment
- This task will assess the student’s ability to analyse the marketing activities of a particular organisation, with a focus on analysing the target market and buying behaviour for a particular organisation. Students will be required to refer to some relevant theory from textbooks and other readings to show their understanding of the theory and apply in context. Provide at least one (1) recent (last 12 months), original example to illustrate your understanding of the concept.
- Must justify your discussion with relevant references. Must include at least a minimum of 6 academic and 4 industry references.
Report Structure (3000 words plus or minus 10% of the total word counts contents only – references are not counted):
Executive summary (between 150)
Table of contents
Introduction (400 words)
Part 1 – Discussion (800 words)
- SEGMENTATION: Explain the concept of Market Segmentation and describe at least three target markets on the “Grilled YouTube video”
- POSITIONING: Explain the concept of “Positioning” and discuss “Grilled Burger” positioning strategy on the video.
Part 2 – Discussion (1200 words)
- Marketing Mix o Product o Price o Promotion o Place
- Target Market
- Distribution channels
- Promotional communications and tools
Conclusion (300 words)
Recommendations (150 words) – must provide source to support recommendations
Reference list (min. 6 academic sources and 4 industry sources). Use correct Harvard referencing style
Critical analysis of the concepts of Market Segmentation and Positioning
Demonstrates understanding of the concept’s applications
Supporting evidence to justify analysis and explanation
Critical analysis the four Ps of marketing Mix with a chosen product for the selected Target Markets.
Demonstrates an understanding of how value can be created
Supporting evidence to justify analysis and explanation
Format, grammar and expression
- HA2011 Managerial Accounting
- HA2022 Business Law
- HA2042 Accounting Information Systems T2 2019
- HA3011 Advanced Financial Accounting
- HA3042 Taxation Law
- HC1010 Accounting For Business
- HC1082 Marketing T2 2020
- HI5001 Accounting for Business Decisions
- HI5002 Finance for Business Tutorial Questions 2
- HI5002: Finance for Business
- HI5003 Economics for Business
- HI5004 Marketing Management T1 2020 Individual Report
- HI5004 Marketing Management T1 2020 Group Report
- HI5004 Marketing Management
- HI5014 International Business Across Borders
- HI5015 Legal Aspects of International business
- HI5016 international trade and enterprise
- Hi5017 Managerial Accounting T1 2021
- Hi5017 Activity-based costing
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting T2 2019
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Trimester 1 2019
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Trimester 3 2018
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Trimester 1 2018
- HI5019 Tutorial Questions 2
- HI5019 Tutorial Questions 1
- HI5019 T1 2020
- HI5019 Strategic Information systems for business and enterprise
- HI5019 Strategic Information Systems
- HI5019 T2 2019
- HI5019 T1 2019
- HI5020 Corporate Accounting Tutorial Questions 2
- HI5020 Corporate Accounting
- HI6005 Assignment
- HI6005: Management and Organisations
- HI6005 Research Paper 2
- HI6006 Tutorial questions
- HI6006 Competitive Strategy Individual T1 2020
- HI6006 Competitive Strategy
- HI6006 Assignment 2 Group Report
- HI6007 Final Assignment T2 2021
- HI6007 Assessment 2 T1 2020
- HI6007 group assignment
- HI6007 Statistics for Business Decision Making
- HI6008 Business Research Project T2 2020
- HI6008 business research
- HI6025 Accounting Theory Tutorial Questions 1
- HI6025 Accounting Theory and Current Issues
- HI6026 audit assurance and compliance
- HI6026 audit assurance and compliance Assignment Help
- HI6027 business and corporate law tutorial Assignment T1 2021
- HI6027 Business and Corporate Law T2 2019
- HI6027 Business and Corporate Law T3 2019
- Hi6028 taxation theory, practice and law Final Assessment t1 2021
- HI6028 Taxation Theory, Practice and Law T2 2021
- HI6028 Taxation Theory, Practice and Law T1 2021
- HI6028 Taxation Theory, Practice and Law T2 2020
- HI6028 Taxation Law Theory and Practice
- HI6028 Taxation Theory T1 2019
- HS2021 Database Design