HI6025 Accounting Theory and Current Issues
Assessment item 2 — Group Assignment
“Implications of International Accounting in Australia after IFRS Period”
Group can choose a peer-review journal/research paper where the paper explains the implication of International Accounting in Australian context or you can download annual report before (Prior 31st Dec, 2005) or after IFRS period (from 31st Dec, 2005) and focus major AASB changes/accounting policy, estimate changes before and after International accounting practices regime. Annual report must be selected from pre-international accounting period 2003-2005 (prior Dec 31, 2005) and post-international accounting period (from Dec 2005 to 2007). Focus on the relevant AASB (A-IFRS) covered in Hi-6025.
You will read the following paper for better understanding. Though, different group will choose different paper to explain the international accounting:
Research Paper from International Accounting: The Effect of IFRS Adoption on the Financial Reports of Local Government Entities. You can find the paper from the following link: http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1370&context=aabfj
- Students are required to form groups of 3 - 6 and inform the lecturer of their group memberships by Week 9, Friday 5:00 pm.
- Each group will choose one journal article and inform the lecturer of their choice.
- Two link will be created one for video link and another for document link. One member from each group will submit one link for video (you can develop video and create a YouTube link for the lecturer) and another link for document submission under group assignment folder.
- Group will prepare a short duration slide and every member will present their part and explain their understanding (duration of the Presentation: 6-7 minutes).
Your group will receive a composite marks based on this following criteria:
- Video Presentation Making and articulation - 3 marks
- Understanding, Explanation and clarity - 10 marks
- Body Language, Eye Contact, pronunciation and smart approach - 2 marks
- Document submission (understanding and match with the unit concept) - 5 marks
- Introduction of your group’s presentation and the title of the journal article for your group.
- Practical explanation of chosen topic (you do not need to explain research design or literature review, you will only explain the part where you find an implication of international accounting/ focus on the relevant AASB (A-IFRS) covered in Hi-6025/IFRS reporting/cost-benefit of international accounting)
- Match your chosen concept with the conceptual knowledge what you will learn from the unit (e.g. how IFRS can impact on Australian financial reporting system and economic/market benefit and relevant changes of AASB (A-IFRS) covered in Hi-6025).
- Summary and practical contribution of your chosen topic.
- Executive summary of the outcome of chosen topic.
- Focus major implications of international accounting from their chosen paper or chosen annual report.
- Conceptualise and focus contribution how your chosen topic align with international accounting topic from your HI6025 unit.
- HA2011 Managerial Accounting
- HA2022 Business Law
- HA2042 Accounting Information Systems T2 2019
- HA3011 Advanced Financial Accounting
- HA3042 Taxation Law
- HC1010 Accounting For Business
- HC1082 Marketing T2 2020
- HI5001 Accounting for Business Decisions
- HI5002 Finance for Business Tutorial Questions 2
- HI5002: Finance for Business
- HI5003 Economics for Business
- HI5004 Marketing Management T1 2020 Individual Report
- HI5004 Marketing Management T1 2020 Group Report
- HI5004 Marketing Management
- HI5014 International Business Across Borders
- HI5015 Legal Aspects of International business
- HI5016 international trade and enterprise
- Hi5017 Managerial Accounting T1 2021
- Hi5017 Activity-based costing
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting T2 2019
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Trimester 1 2019
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Trimester 3 2018
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Trimester 1 2018
- HI5019 Tutorial Questions 2
- HI5019 Tutorial Questions 1
- HI5019 T1 2020
- HI5019 Strategic Information systems for business and enterprise
- HI5019 Strategic Information Systems
- HI5019 T2 2019
- HI5019 T1 2019
- HI5020 Corporate Accounting Tutorial Questions 2
- HI5020 Corporate Accounting
- HI6005 Assignment
- HI6005: Management and Organisations
- HI6005 Research Paper 2
- HI6006 Tutorial questions
- HI6006 Competitive Strategy Individual T1 2020
- HI6006 Competitive Strategy
- HI6006 Assignment 2 Group Report
- HI6007 Final Assignment T2 2021
- HI6007 Assessment 2 T1 2020
- HI6007 group assignment
- HI6007 Statistics for Business Decision Making
- HI6008 Business Research Project T2 2020
- HI6008 business research
- HI6025 Accounting Theory Tutorial Questions 1
- HI6025 Accounting Theory and Current Issues
- HI6026 audit assurance and compliance
- HI6026 audit assurance and compliance Assignment Help
- HI6027 business and corporate law tutorial Assignment T1 2021
- HI6027 Business and Corporate Law T2 2019
- HI6027 Business and Corporate Law T3 2019
- Hi6028 taxation theory, practice and law Final Assessment t1 2021
- HI6028 Taxation Theory, Practice and Law T2 2021
- HI6028 Taxation Theory, Practice and Law T1 2021
- HI6028 Taxation Theory, Practice and Law T2 2020
- HI6028 Taxation Law Theory and Practice
- HI6028 Taxation Theory T1 2019
- HS2021 Database Design