HI6006 Tutorial questions
Tutorial questions – Week 2
Examine the mini-case regarding German luxury cars (p57) of the prescribed textbook.
- Analyse the mini case regarding German luxury cars using the five competitive forces to determine the industry’s attractiveness.
- Apply a PESTEL analysis to BMW, Mercedes Benz or Audi (note: the same opportunities and threats will apply to each of them)
- Which elements of the General Environment are significant to the future of the German luxury car industry.
mini-case regarding German luxury cars
Tutorial questions – Week 4
Examine the Apple vs Samsung mini-case (p123) and evaluate the business strategy used by each.
- Using Samsung, demonstrate how the cost leadership strategy can be well implemented.
- Using Apple, demonstrate how the differentiation strategy can be well implemented.
- Describe the risks Apple faces with the differentiation strategy.
Samsung vs Apple Case Study
Tutorial questions – Week 5
TESCO PLC: A case study in COMPETITIVE BEHAVIOUR
Read the Tesco mini-case
- Who are competitors? Identify at least 2 companies that are competitors of Tesco.
- Identify the ongoing set of competitive actions and competitive responses occurring between Tesco and its rivals as they compete against each other for an advantageous market position.
- Identify the competitive behaviour responses of Tesco to build or defend its competitive advantages and to improve its market position.)
TESCO Case Study
Tutorial questions – Week 6
Consider the case on LVMH: Getting Big While Staying Beautiful.
- Describe the level of diversification LVMH have occurred over the past years?
- What do you think was the reasons why LVMH diversified?
- How does LVMH create value by productively using company resources?
LVMH Case Study