BSBMGT605 provide leadership across the Organisation Assessment Task 1
Communicate organisational mission and goals
You will demonstrate knowledge and skills required to communicate organisational mission and goals.
Using the workplace scenario information provided, you will address expectations of an organisation to investigate incidents in accordance with legal and organisational requirements. You will also address expectations to communicate organisational mission and goals to internal stakeholders by presenting to managers.
- Review the simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures, in Appendix 1: Max Lionel Realty. Review templates contained in Appendix 2: Assessment Templates for possible use or adaptation in completing assessment task requirements.
- Review the information in Scenario 1 below and fill out an incident report in connection with the WHS incident. Complete a risk assessment based on the information provided by the HR Manager in the scenario. Update the organisational risk register.
- Review the information in Scenario 2 below and prepare a presentation on the managers’ WHS responsibilities. Ensure you:
- explain the organisation’s mission, values and strategic directions
- explain the link between the organisation’s objectives, standards, relevant legislation and the responsibilities of managers and agents for a safe workplace
- state expectations of managers in a way designed to build commitment and support by managers; use persuasive language and deploy an appropriate leadership style
- use appropriate media to achieve objectives of presentation.
- Deliver your presentation.
- Submit documentation as per specifications below.
- plan and deliver a presentation to managers
- incident report
- risk analysis
- updated risk register
- presentation notes, PowerPoint slides, etc.
Your assessor will be looking for:
- how you encourage others to adopt business ethics and build their commitment to the organisation
- clear communication of the organisation’s objectives, values and standards to stakeholders and the type of media and language used
- how you facilitate consultative decision-making with stakeholders
- the application of business ethics to leadership
- an explanation of the impact of legislation when providing leadership
- an explanation of the organisation mission, purpose and values
- how application of leadership styles support organisational objectives, plans and strategies.
Adjustment for distance-based learners
- No variation of the task is required.
- A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor).
- Documentation can be submitted electronically or posted in the mail.
- Meetings and presentations may be conducted and observed live or via an appropriate teleconferencing tool.
You are the Operations General Manager at Max Lionel Realty (MLR). You are responsible for the day-to-day running of the company. You oversee the coordination of activities that occur within the Residential, Commercial, and Investments branches of the company. You are responsible for overseeing projects which affect operations of the organisation as a whole. You work with the HR manager to coordinate systems and projects to achieve cooperation and coordination across the company.
A WHS incident recently occurred at the Commercial office of Max Lionel Realty. Although it is the Commercial Manager’s responsibility to investigate WHS incidents, they have not done so. You decide to step in. In accordance with the recently implemented WHS management system you must:
- investigate incidents
- complete an incident report
- perform risk assessment
- update risk register.
The records you create of the incident need to be submitted to the HR Manager (assessor) for storage as per records management policy.
Details of the incident
- Last Wednesday, a client who was running late decided to leave through the emergency exit and stairwell, falling and breaking her wrist.
- The exit door was blocked by boxes of paper.
- One of the agents heard calls for help, managed to open the exit and helped the client.
- Not realising what had happened, or the seriousness of the accident, the agent criticised the client’s high heels, implying that such a thing would never happen to a man: ‘Any sensible woman would take the lift’.
- The client was humiliated.
- The client was taken to the Royal Women’s Hospital by ambulance.
- She is threatening to sue MLR for injuries, loss of income and mental trauma.
Scenario 1 (continued)
- Another agent noticed a strange odour and an oily substance on the stairwell.
- This agent reported the incident verbally to the Commercial Realty Manager.
- This incident has only just become known to the HR manager, who has been contacted by both the client’s lawyer and the Office of the Human Rights Ombudsman.
- Several incidents in which managers have failed to undertake WHS management system responsibilities have occurred recently. For example, recordkeeping has been incomplete.
- Consultation with agents, WHS committee meetings have not occurred.
- The organisation’s original target was to reduce the number of WHS incidents by 25%; however, after initial success, enthusiasm for the system has worn off and incident rates are only just lower than they were when the system was initiated.
You are the Operations General Manager at Max Lionel Realty. You have recently investigated a serious WHS incident.
You have determined that the incident may represent a systemic breakdown in compliance with the organisation’s WHS management system. This system has only recently been implemented and clearly the requisite practices have not been embedded.
Your legal and ethical responsibility is clear. You have a legal and ethical responsibility as a manager to minimise workplace hazards. Moreover, in accordance with organisational change management processes, you need to ensure organisational support by regularly reviewing compliance and acting immediately to intervene to ensure organisational objectives and minimise risk.
You need to ensure managers are aware of and comply with the following responsibilities under the WHS management system and WHS legislation:
- consult with agents on WHS issues to continually identify any potential risks
- regularly conduct WHS committee meetings to address risk across the organisation
- regularly assess potential workplace hazards
- act proactively to reduce risk
- update the risk register.
You have decided to prepare a presentation to managers to ensure compliance.
Your objective is to ensure a smooth implementation of the WHS management system. Accordingly, you don’t want to single out or embarrass any one manager. Rather, you want to ensure enthusiastic support by underscoring the importance of implementation of the WHS management system with respect to Max Lionel’s mission and organisational goals.
You will need to ensure you demonstrate and support ethical attitudes and practices.
Diploma Assignment Help Australia, Diploma Homework Help, Assignment help Australia, TAFE Assignment Help, HND Assignment Help