ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2
Unit code, name ICTNWK302 - Determine and action network problems (1) Qualification/Course code, name ICT30118 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (2) TAFE NSW
Table 1 Assessment instructions
The objective of this assessment is to assess your knowledge as would be required to:
· explain environmentally sound recycling and disposal procedures
· identify and summarise common networking procedures for:
o call logging,
o contracting and maintenance requirements
o problem escalation procedures.
· outline inventory processes
· describe technical features and functions of network hardware and software systems
· describe common network problems relating to organisational information
· describe agreements used for technical support.
Assessment Event number
1 of 2
Instructions for this assessment
This is a written assessment and it will be assessing you on your knowledge of the unit.
This assessment is in three parts:
1. Short answer
2. Scenario 1 - short answer
3. Scenario 2 - short answer
The assessment also contains:
· Assessment feedback.
When you have completed this assessment, submit it online for marking by your assessor.
Ensure you have typed your name at the bottom of each page of this assessment.
Submit the following documents for each part:
Part 1: Short answer
· This document
Part 2: Scenario 1
· This document and the completed incident report ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2 for Incident 1
Part 3: Scenario 2
· This document and the completed incident report ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2 for Incident 2
It is important that you keep a copy of all electronic and hardcopy assessments submitted to TAFE and complete the assessment declaration when submitting the assessment.
What do I need to do to achieve a satisfactory result?
To achieve a satisfactory result for this assessment you must answer all questions correctly.
What do I need to provide?
· Computer, internet and login details.
· USB drive or other storage method with enough free space to save work to.
What the assessor will provide?
· Access to the Learning Management System
· Access to supporting documents included in ICTNWK302_AE_Kn_1of2_SR1.zip file which are:
o ABC_Company_Policy (PDF file)
o Incident_Report_ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2s (WORD document)
Assessment conditions will replicate the workplace, including noise levels, production flow, interruptions and time variances. Make sure there is background noise, such as music for example, and interruptions while you are completing this assessment.
Due date and time allowed
Indicative time for completion of assessment:
Your assessor may ask for additional evidence to verify the authenticity of your submission and confirm that the assessment task was completed by you.
If you have a permanent or temporary condition that may prevent you from successfully completing the assessment event(s) in the way described, you should talk to your assessor about ‘reasonable adjustment’. This is the adjustment of the way you are assessed to take into account your condition, which must be approved BEFORE you attempt the assessment.
Assessment feedback, review or appeals
Appeals are addressed in accordance with Every Student’s Guide to Assessment in TAFE NSW.
Part 1: Short answer
Refer to the ABC_Company_Policy(PDF file) when answering the following questions.
1. An incident had been submitted to the company’s help desk system on Friday 6:30PM and it is not a critical issue. If this incident was assigned to you, according to the agreement (SLA), when will you be responding to it?
2. List five things that IT support staff should first review before providing support to any issue as per the technical support agreement.
3. List three reasons for referring (escalating) an unresolved incident to a higher level service area.
4. Refer to the ABC Company guidelines for prioritising requests. List two typical network problems that if occurred would be considered as a critical issue.
5. Explain how you would give priority and provide response to a client computer having an operating system issue that requires re-imaging the system.
6. It is important that system maintenance and service outages are planned in such a way that would cause minimal disruption to clients. Briefly mention two points from ABC Company maintenance requirements that demonstrates this.
7. List five things you would need to consider when purchasing network hardware or components.
8. List three things you would do to ensure extra network cables and old network equipment are stored properly for later use.
9. Complete the following table describing technical features and functions of network hardware and software systems.
Features & Functions
(Help Desk Software)
Part 2: Scenario 1 – short answer
Read the scenario carefully and provide short answers to the questions. Also refer to ABC company policy document.docx file when answering the questions.
You have received the following phone call from the service desk.
“Hi! It’s Jessica from the service desk here. We have received a request from one of our customers, Tom Green from the Marketing department.
Tom needs to print some coloured photographs, but the printer is not working. His details are in the email I have forwarded to you.”
Forwarded email from firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear help desk staff. I need to print colour photographs of some new products for my manager, but the printer will not print. I need these printouts urgently to present at a meeting tomorrow afternoon.
The printer model is “Epson AcuLaser C1900” and the printer name is ABCprint
Additionally, my computer number is J205-005, and I’m currently located in Room J205
If you need any further information please contact me on 0200-0004
Warning: After checking the company database you have found that the printer is not under warranty.
1. List two simple (non-technical) questions that you can ask Tom in order to help confirm understanding of the problem.
- List four things/resources you would need to refer to when solving a network related problem.
- Assume that the printer’s toner cartridges have to be replaced in order to solve the above printer problem. List two diagnostic tasks you would have performed in order to identify the above given cause of problem.
- Assume that you do not have extra printer toner cartridges available in stock. According to company policy how would you proceed with ordering new printer toner?
- Recommend one thing you can do to avoid similar problem situations from happening in future.
- ABC Company policy states that all electronic waste must be recycled or disposed in an environmentally sound manner. Therefore, according to the policy:
- What is the procedure for recycling electronic equipment?
- What is the procedure for disposing electronic equipment?
- According to company policy, if you are required to replace toner cartridges, will it involve any standard maintenance tasks?
- Fill in the above incident details correctly under Incident 1 of the Incident report ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2.docx file provided. Assume that the incident number is 101.
Part 3: Scenario 2 – short answer
Read the scenario carefully and provide short answers to the questions. Refer to ABC company policy documents.docx file when answering the questions.
You have received the following phone call from the service desk.
“Hi! It’s Jessica from the service desk here. We have received a request from one of our customers in digital marketing department, George Brown.
George has requested for a hard drive upgrade for his computer. His details are in the email I have forwarded to you.”
Forwarded email from email@example.com
Dear help desk staff.
My computer number is P407-001, and I’m currently located in Room P407.
I use my computer for making company videos and my hard drive is full. I was wondering if my 500GB drive could be replaced with a larger 5TB drive.
If so, can all my data be copied to the new drive please?
If you need any further information please contact me on 0200-0005
Warning: After checking the company database you have found that the George’s computer is computer is under contract and has a warranty.
1. Does the above request involve further escalation? If so, explain why and include any relevant policy information about the scope of responsibility and support provided by help desk.
2. List two diagnostic tasks that you could conduct on the customer’s hard disk to identify if there is a problem.
3. According to company policy, list two things you would do to handle the customer’s request?
Note: George’s computer is under contract and has a warranty.
4. Fill in the above incident details correctly under Incident 2 of the Incident report ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2.docx file provided. Assume that the incident number is 102.
Samples of TAFE Assignment Help Done by Our Experts for Students
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCADV001 Assessment event 1 Scenario 1
- CHCADV001 Assessment event 2 Scenario 2
- CHCADV001 Assessment event 3 Case study
- CHCADV001 Assessment event 3 Letter
- CHCADV001 Assessment event 4
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- ICTICT301 Create user documentation LMS 1
- ICTICT301 Create user documentation LMS 2
- ICTICT301 Create user documentation LMS 3
- ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 1
- ICTICT304 Implement system software changes LMS 2
- ICTNWK302 Determine and action network problems LMS 1
- ICTNWK302 Determine and action network problems LMS 2
- ICTNWK304 Administer network peripherals LMS 1
- ICTNWK304 Administer network peripherals LMS 2
- ICTNWK305 Install and manage network protocols LMS 1
- ICTNWK305 Install and manage network protocols LMS 2
- ICTPRG301 Apply introductory programming techniques SOA 1
- ICTPRG301 Apply introductory programming techniques SOA 2
- ICTSAS304 Provide basic system administration LMS 1
- ICTSAS304 Provide basic system administration LMS 2
- ICTSAS307 Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network LMS 1
- ICTSAS307 Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network LMS 2
- ICTSAS307 Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network LMS 3
- ICTSAS307 Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network LMS 4
- ICTSAS307 Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network LMS 5
- ICTSAS308 Run standard diagnostic tests LMS 1
- ICTSAS308 Run standard diagnostic tests LMS 2
Urgenthomework helped me with finance homework problems and taught math portion of my course as well. Initially, I used a tutor that taught me math course I felt that as if I was not getting the help I needed. With the help of Urgenthomework, I got precisely where I was weak: