Inflammatory bowel disease Nursing Assignment
Introduction: A condition where the small intestine is inflamed, this disorder is collectively termed as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). This condition is due to the immune system itself harm the body tissues, gut-friendly bacteria, food in the gut which results in inflammation and injuries of the bowel. The inflammatory bowel disease is of two types which are as follows
- Ulcerativecolitis: This is a condition in which the inner lining of colon and rectum are affected by inflammation and ulcers which is long term lasting.
- Crohn’sdisease: This is a condition in which the lining of the digestive tract is affected deeply and spreads easily to the nearest tissues.
Cause: The cause of the disease is yet to know. But studies say that the combination of bacteria, viruses and some antigens activate the immune system to act oppositely causing the inflammation reaction to the intestinal wall. Another reason may be autoimmune disorders by the own body tissues which result in damage to the digestive tract, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
Symptoms: The symptoms and severity are totally bases on the affected area. The severity varies from medium to complicate.
- Pain or cramps in the abdomen due to ulcers.
- Bloody diarrhea.
- High temperature.
- Loss of weight and energy.
- Iron deficiency due to blood loss.
- Stool and blood test: The tests are performed to determine the level of infections, and the difference between ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- Sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy: A sample of the intestinal lining is taken to check the ulcers or other damages.
- Capsuleendoscopy: The test is performed to confirm Crohn’s disease symptoms.
- CTscan and MRI: The tests are used to check the affected area of the intestine.
- Medications: To treat the inflammation doctors recommend anti-inflammatorymedicine. To restrict the damage due to the immune system towards its own cells and inflammation, an immunesuppressant is used.
Antibiotics are used to treat infections due to microorganisms. Antidiarrhealdrugs are used to treat diarrhea and bowel movements. These medications can cause side effects like rashes and infections.
- Surgery: Surgery procedure is used to remove the affected area and monitoring colon cancer.
Prevention: The preventive measures are:
- Having healthy foods.
- Having plenty of fluids.
- Regular exercise.
- Say no to smoking
- Registered Nurses Standards For Practice
- Reflection on Registered Nurse Standards for Practice
- Ambulatory care Nursing Homework Assignments Help
- Australian Healthcare System assignment help
- Clinical Judgment and Decision Making in Nursing
- Critical Thinking In Nursing Homework Assignments Help
- Families in Sickness and Health assignment answers
- Healthcare Management assignment help
- Spiritual Needs Assessment answers
- Therapeutic Nursing Homework Assignments Help
- Anxiety Disorders
- Zika Virus
- Gallbladder and Biliary disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Heart failure
- Hodgkin’s disease
- HPV and cervical cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Insulin Therapy
⯈ Child Nursing Help
- Benefits of pet therapy in children on the autism disorder spectrum
- The use of cough and cold medicines in very young children
- Improving asthma management in schools
- Does obesity in children cause risks for influenza complications?
- Management of pain in pediatric nursing
- Children’s health insurance: a right or a privilege?
⯈ Adult Nursing Help
- Effects of abdominal massage in critically ill patients
- Do whole grains in an adult’s diet prevent cardiovascular diseases?
- Mirror therapy for brain-injured or stroke patients with partial paralysis
- The role of self-care management in sickle cell adult patients
- The role of nurses in weight loss programs for adults
- Cardiovascular risk scores in relation to age and gender
⯈ Elderly Care Nursing Help
- Ways to identify an abused elderly patient
- Clinical trials in older patients
- Change in health care for the elderly in your country
- Measures to take when the elderly refuse to eat
- Alcohol use among elderly patients in nursing homes
⯈ Women’s Health Nursing Help
- Acne prevention and treatment in women
- Increased risk factors for osteoporosis in women
- Factors that alter breast milk content
- Ways to teach patients about menopause management options
⯈ Pain Management Nursing Help
- Emerging ethical issues in pain management
- Influence of patient’s race and gender on pain management decisions
- Effects of cold therapy (a non-pharmacological method) for pain management
- Effective end-of-life care interventions
⯈Primary Health Care Nursing
- How well are nurses prepared for primary health care in your country?
- Primary health care: comparing public health nursing models in different countries
- Patient and family engagement in primary care
Urgenthomework helped me with finance homework problems and taught math portion of my course as well. Initially, I used a tutor that taught me math course I felt that as if I was not getting the help I needed. With the help of Urgenthomework, I got precisely where I was weak: