BTEC Pearson Higher Nationals in Computing Unit 01
Unit Number and Title Unit 01: Programming
Assignment Title Design & Implement a GUI based system using a suitable Integrated Development Environment
This submission will have 3 components
- Written Report
This submission is in the form of an individual written report. This should be written in a concise, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. (The recommended word count is 1,500–2,000 words for the report excluding annexures)
- Implemented System (Software)
The student should submit a GUI based system developed using an IDE. The system should connect with a backend database and should have at least 5 different forms and suitable functionality including insert, edit and delete of main entities and transaction processing.
With the submitted system student should do a presentation to demonstrate the system that was developed. Time allocated is 10 to 15 min. Student may use 5 to 10 PowerPoint slides while doing the presentation, but live demonstration of the system is required. Evaluator will also check the ability to modify and debug the system using the IDE.
Unit Learning Outcomes:
LO1. Define basic algorithms to carry out an operation and outline the process of programming an application.
LO2. Explain the characteristics of procedural, object-orientated and event-driven programming, conduct an analysis of a suitable Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
LO3. Implement basic algorithms in code using an IDE.
LO4. Determine the debugging process and explain the importance of a coding standard
Searching on an array/list is to find a given element on the array and return whether it is found or not and return its position if found. Linear search and binary search are two popular searching algorithms on arrays.
- Define what an algorithm is and outline the characteristics of a good algorithm. Develop algorithms for linear search and binary search using Pseudo code.
- Describe the steps involved in the process of writing and executing a program. Take an array of 10 or more elements and dry run the above two algorithms. Show the outputs at the end of each iteration and the final output.
- Define what Big-O notation is and explain its role in evaluating efficiencies of algorithms. Write the Python program code for the above two algorithms and critically evaluate their efficiencies using Big-O notation.
- Define what is meant by a Programming Paradigm. Explain the main characteristics of Procedural, Object oriented and Event-driven paradigms and the relationships among them.
- Write small snippets of code as example for the above three programming paradigms using a suitable programming language(s).
- Critically evaluate the code samples that you have above in relation to their structure and the unique characteristics.
Activity 3 and Activity 4 are based on the following Scenario.
Ayubo Drive is the transport arm of Ayubo Leisure (Pvt) Ltd, an emerging travel & tour company in Sri Lanka. It owns a fleet of vehicles ranging from cars, SUVs to vans.
The vehicles that it owns are hired or rented with or without a driver. The tariffs are based on the vehicle type. Some of the vehicle types that it operates are, small car, sedan car, SVUs, Jeep (WD), 7-seater van and Commuter van. New vehicle types are to be added in the future.
Vehicle rent and hire options are described below.
- Rent (With or without driver) – For each type of vehicle rates are given per day, per week and per month. Rate for a driver also given per day. Depending on the rent period the total rent amount needs to be calculated. For example: if a vehicle is rented for 10 days with a driver, total amount to be calculated as follows:
Total rent = weeklyRent x 1 + dailyRent x 3 + dailyDriverCost x 10
- Hire (with driver only) – These are based on packages such as airport drop, airport pickup, 100km per day package, 200km per day package etc. Standard rates are defined for a package type of a vehicle type if that is applicable for that type of vehicle. For each package maximum km limit and maximum number of hours are also defined. Extra km rate is also defined which is applicable if they run beyond the allocated km limit for the tour. For day tours if they exceed max hour limit, a waiting charge is applicable for extra hours. Driver overnight rate and vehicle night park rate also defined which is applicable for each night when the vehicle is hired for 2 or more days.
- Design suable algorithms for vehicle tariff calculation for rents and hires.
Ideally 3 functions should be developed for this purpose as follows:
Function 1: Rent calculation.
Return the total rent_value when vehicle_no, rented_date, return_date, with_driver parameters are sent in. with_driver parameter is set to true or false depending whether the vehicle is rented with or without driver.
Function 2: Day tour - hire calculation.
Calculate total hire_value when vehicle_no, package_type, start_time, end_time, start_km_reading, end_km_reading parameters are sent in. Should return base_hire_charge, waiting_charge and extra_km_charge as output parameters.
Function 3: Long tour - hire calculation.
Calculate total hire_value when vehicle_no, package_type, start_date, end_date, start_km_reading, end_km_reading parameters are sent in. Should return base_hire_charge, overnight_stay_charge and extra_km_charge as output parameters.
- Implement the above algorithms using visual studio IDE (using C#.net) and design the suitable database structure for keeping the tariffs for vehicle types and different packages which must be used for implementing the above functions.
- Analyze the features of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and explain how those features help in application development. Evaluate the use of the Visual Studio IDE for your application development contrasted with not using an IDE.
- Design and build a small system to calculate vehicle hire amounts and record them in a database for customer billing and management reporting for Ayubo drive. This includes the completing the database design started in 3.2 and implementing one or more GUIs for vehicle, vehicle type, and package add/edit/delete functions. It essentially requires an interface for hire calculation and recording function described above. Generating customer reports and customer invoices are not required for this course work.
- What is debugging an application? Explain the features available in Visual studio IDE for debugging your code more easily. Evaluate how you used the debugging process to develop more secure, robust application with examples.
- Explain the coding standards you have used in your application development. Critically evaluate why a coding standard is necessary for the team as well as for the individual.
- HND Assignment Help
- Do my assignment UK
- IMarEST Ceng report for the UK council
- Business Plan Writing for the new UK Innovator VISA
Sample Assignments UK
- Individual Project Development
- CORC373 Advanced Object Oriented Programming
- CSY3024: Databases 3
- CBB042 Organic Chemistry
- ENG490 - Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
- COMP1664 Network Technology
- IB9EN0 Financial Markets
- IMC Campaign Planning Project
- BM019 Operational Supply Chain Management
- IB98W0 Management Accounting And Control
- BTEC Pearson Higher Nationals in Computing Unit 01
- BTEC Pearson Higher National Diploma in Computing Unit 11
- BTEC HND in Computing Unit 6 Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Business Plan on Cafe in UK
- Summarise monzo current business model
- A global challenge that is experienced by a company
- MOD004051 Finance for Decision Making
- UK BTEC HND in Computing ECE2072 ASSIGNMENT
- UK BTEC HND in Computing Unit 15: Transport Network Design
- UK BTEC HND in Computing Unit 16 Cloud Computing
- UK BTEC HND in Computing Unit 30 Application Development
- Abertay University
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Birmingham City University
- Coventry University
- Huddersfield University
- Lancaster University
- Leeds University
- Leicester essay writing help
- Loughborough University
- Kingston University
- Manchester Essay Writing Help
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Middlesex University
- Newcastle University
- Northumbria University
- Nottingham Trent university
- Oxford Brookes University
- Regents University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Holloway
- University of Arts London
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of East London
- University of Glasgow
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Kent
- University of Law
- University of Lincoln
- University of Manchester
- University of Nottingham
- University of Porstmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of St. Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Surrey
- University of Ulster
- University of Warwick
- University of Westminster
- University of Winchester
The assignment I got was complicated enough and it was hard for someone else to do it. Our professor had explained a proper technique and format to do it, I was worried if urgenthomework could do it or not? I had a talk with their customer care and they gave me the contact details of the expert who would do my work. I told them the procedure and I was surprised by the product delivery. It was an excellent work framed in the style and Format I wanted it.
I had a critical task accommodation due date. One of my companions recommended that I should hire the services of urgenthomework.com. When I put in the task request, they quickly acknowledged it and comprehended the earnestness and urgency of time. they conveyed my task until before a day of submission date. Services are as good as your writing is. And quite affordable as well. Wish you good luck for the future. Keep growing.
I have been using this website since last many years. It helps me in my college project and homework. Excellent study materials are provided which is easy to understand and learn. Read More