IB98W0 Management Accounting And Control
The following questions relate to the case study, ATV Distribution Ltd, which was previously made available to you, and the additional information provided below.
Additional information. Ray Davies, the Managing Director of ATV Distribution, has specifically asked for your advice on the reliability of the new customer Segment Profitability Analysis (CSPA) and the Individual Customer Profitability Analysis (ICPA) produced by the Finance Director, Grant Dalton. One issue that worries Ray is the fact that the ICPA report for NR customers (Table 3) shows that one of the three NR customers, House of Fraser, made a negative customer contribution last year of £24,000. Moreover, Ray tells you that Jenny Lomas, the Sales Manager responsible for NR, is about to sign up a new NR customer, 'John Lewis'. Ray introduces you to Jenny and asks her to explain about the potential contract to sell to 'John Lewis' next year.
7his is an exciting opportunity. I om very close to securing a contract to supply John Lewis. I forecast that in their first year John Lewis will sell 5,000 of our LCD TVs and hence generate sales at list prices of £3.5 million. We will probably have to give them o 19% discount on list prices and their COGS would be £2.75 million. They have agreed that they will order and take delivery in bulk and hence will only place one Sales Order per month and require one Delivery per month. That level of activity would generate a total 300Storage Picks per year. As a new customer I will have ta pay close attention to them, and will want to see them frequently to increase the volume of business in year 2. I therefore anticipate needing 18 sales visits over the first year, but less in year 2. To get the business going ATV Distribution would need a fairly hefty advertising spend and so I am budgeting £40,000 for specific, 'John Lewis', advertising in the first year, but I should be able to cut that by 25%in the second year."
You have been hired as a consultant to advise the ATV management team in relation to their various business problems. Produce a consultant's style report suitable for the Directors of ATV Distribution ltd. advising them on a suitable approach to customer accounting and balanced performance measurement.
Question 1 -Customer Accounting.
(o) Provide o comparison of the old and new customer segment contributions and customer segment contribution margins (as disclosed in Table 1and Table 2 respectively) and explain the reasons for the key differences reported.
(b) There was much debate (see page 5 of the case) between directors and managers about the method of a/locating corporate sustaining costs to customer segments in the CSPA produced from the current costing system ( Table 1). However, in the CSPA produced from the new activity-based costing system (Table 2) corporate sustaining costs are not traced to customer segments. Outline your opinion on this issue.
(c) Utilizing the information on in the Individual Customer Profitability Analysis (Tables 3, 4, & 5) and assuming It Is based on reliable data, advise the Directors what they should do (If anything) about the fo flowing customers:
• OR customer PIXmad.com and LR customer Jones and Sons.
• ORcustomer eTV.co.uk.
• NR customer House of Fraser ond LR customer TVs R Us.
(d) Prepare an estimate of the flkely first year profitability af the potential new NR customer, Jahn Lewis, discussed by Jenny. Using this estimate, and any other analysis you wish to perform, make recommendations, stating your reasoning, regarding whether ATV should continue to pursue this customer.
(e) Outline any potential weaknesses of the methodology used for the Individual Customer Profitability Analysis that has so far been produced at ATV (as disclosed in Tables 3, 4, and
5) and suggest possible improvements that could be implemented by ATV.
(8 marks) (/) Describe any further Customer Accounting measures that you believe the management
team of ATV might find useful and explain how they could be used to improve business
performance. (4 marks)
(Question 1 total:55 marks)
- HND Assignment Help
- Do my assignment UK
- IMarEST Ceng report for the UK council
- Business Plan Writing for the new UK Innovator VISA
Sample Assignments UK
- Individual Project Development
- CORC373 Advanced Object Oriented Programming
- CSY3024: Databases 3
- CBB042 Organic Chemistry
- ENG490 - Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
- COMP1664 Network Technology
- IB9EN0 Financial Markets
- IMC Campaign Planning Project
- BM019 Operational Supply Chain Management
- IB98W0 Management Accounting And Control
- BTEC Pearson Higher Nationals in Computing Unit 01
- BTEC Pearson Higher National Diploma in Computing Unit 11
- BTEC HND in Computing Unit 6 Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Business Plan on Cafe in UK
- Summarise monzo current business model
- A global challenge that is experienced by a company
- MOD004051 Finance for Decision Making
- UK BTEC HND in Computing ECE2072 ASSIGNMENT
- UK BTEC HND in Computing Unit 15: Transport Network Design
- UK BTEC HND in Computing Unit 16 Cloud Computing
- UK BTEC HND in Computing Unit 30 Application Development
- Abertay University
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Birmingham City University
- Coventry University
- Huddersfield University
- Lancaster University
- Leeds University
- Leicester essay writing help
- Loughborough University
- Kingston University
- Manchester Essay Writing Help
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Middlesex University
- Newcastle University
- Northumbria University
- Nottingham Trent university
- Oxford Brookes University
- Regents University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Holloway
- University of Arts London
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of East London
- University of Glasgow
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Kent
- University of Law
- University of Lincoln
- University of Manchester
- University of Nottingham
- University of Porstmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of St. Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Surrey
- University of Ulster
- University of Warwick
- University of Westminster
- University of Winchester
The assignment I got was complicated enough and it was hard for someone else to do it. Our professor had explained a proper technique and format to do it, I was worried if urgenthomework could do it or not? I had a talk with their customer care and they gave me the contact details of the expert who would do my work. I told them the procedure and I was surprised by the product delivery. It was an excellent work framed in the style and Format I wanted it.
I had a critical task accommodation due date. One of my companions recommended that I should hire the services of urgenthomework.com. When I put in the task request, they quickly acknowledged it and comprehended the earnestness and urgency of time. they conveyed my task until before a day of submission date. Services are as good as your writing is. And quite affordable as well. Wish you good luck for the future. Keep growing.
I have been using this website since last many years. It helps me in my college project and homework. Excellent study materials are provided which is easy to understand and learn. Read More